I Miss "Only on Xbox"

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
The og had so many unique and interesting IP's that took full advantage of the hardware

Phantom Dust
JSRF
Otogi 1&2
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Jade Empire
KOTOR 1&2
Ninja Gaiden Black
The chronicles of Riddikk
Amped 1&2
Blinx 1&2
Gunvalkyrie
Steel Battalion
Fable
Shenmue 2
Morrowind
Brute Force
Mechassault 1 & 2
Grabbed by the ghoulies
Raze's Hell
Rallisport Challenge 1&2
Stubbs the zombie
Sega Gt 2002 & Online
The obvious duology

They weren't always perfect or hits, but shyt at least they were doing something different. And the console itself only lasted really four years. So that's wild in retrospect

Nowadays xbox don't even got halo to get excited about :francis:

I'm glad Sony set is eating off their games now, but fukk

"Only on Xbox" used to mean something brehs :snoop:

What happened to their recipes? Phil you fukking up :mjcry:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Like 90% of those games are 3rd party.

Times have changed. It makes zero sense for a 3rd party to sign a money hat deal in 2024 unless they are a small indie in need of funds to finish the game.

“Only on xbox/playstation” is a thing of the past :manny:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Like 90% of those games are 3rd party.

Times have changed. It makes zero sense for a 3rd party to sign a money hat deal in 2024 unless they are a small indie in need of funds to finish the game.

“Only on xbox/playstation” is a thing of the past :manny:
That ain't no excuse

Microsoft buying up studios like an everything must go sale

But where the games at? :skip:

Outside of hi fi rush its just shooters, simulation, and fantasy games rinsed and repeated

I'm just asking for variety :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That ain't no excuse

Microsoft buying up studios like an everything must go sale

But where the games at? :skip:

Outside of hi fi rush its just Fps, simulation, and fantasy games rinsed and repeated

I'm just asking for variety :manny:
Only thing that has changed is the narrative.

Majority of your games on that list are not actually exclusive to xbox. Have less than 85 metacritic. And are not AAA.

Xbox actually has more and better games that fit this criteria in modern times.

They just don’t “count” in these list war arguments anymore :manny:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
xbox has truly fallen from grace

ive officially ranked Nintendo higher
Just sad. Even now they got some stuff I like

Like the interconnectivity with PC and android. Just wish we could share our whole library

Gamepass is cool, but I can't take advantage of it now as an adult. I would've loved something like it growing up. Now all having all them games is more of an inconvenience. My backlog never being finished. I've come to terms with that :mjlol:

But it feels like the overall soul is gone. In a sad twist of fate, xbox has ironically become what Bill gates invisioned it to be when it was first pitched to him :francis:

Too watered down and corporate. The forward thinking gamer-centered spirit is a thing of the past. Now it seems like they don't even value the games anymore. Everything is about impressing the suits with numbers

Which I get it, but it just sucks the fun out. Like they just wanna be another entertainment box in the living room instead of a good console

Must be how jay z stans felt when he started wearing them button ups and jeans :scusthov:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Only thing that has changed is the narrative.

Majority of your games on that list are not actually exclusive to xbox. Have less than 85 metacritic. And are not AAA.

Xbox actually has more and better games that fit this criteria in modern times.

They just don’t “count” in these list war arguments anymore :manny:
Nah, the only multi plays I listed are with pc

Which I thought about not counting, but considering the era it seems fair

Most people weren't using a pc for games. Let alone to run things like morrowind

And no way is it the same nowadays :russ:

Objectively speaking. There were zero franchises with the original xbox. Everything that got a sequel earned it from being unique.

Even the ones that didn't like jsrf, still got a strong cult following till this day.

What new ip's?

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
its still pretty crazy that puffy was the vo for the grabbed by the ghoulies commercial

Always a man who wears many hats, Sean “P. Diddy” Combs has now entered the world of video games :dame:

Now the entertainment mogul has joined forces with the technology mogul as Diddy recently announced he has become the first celebrity endorser for Microsoft’s Xbox.

The relationship will become apparent this December as Puffy is slated to lend his voice to Xbox commercials. The 30 second spots will have Mr. Combs doing his trademark name dropping of some of Xbox’s premier games. Among those advertised will be “Project Gotham Racing 2,” “Grabbed by the Ghoulies” and “Amped 2.”

P.Diddy was the perfect fit as our first celebrity voice because he embodies the same spirit as Xbox, :takedat: ” Xbox’s Director of Brand Marketing, Don Hall told Ve3d.com. “He’s multi-faceted, has made a significant social impact, and pulls millions of people together in a positive way with his powerhouse talents.”

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Phantom dust=Flintlock
Nah, the only multi plays I listed are with pc

Which I thought about not counting, but considering the era it seems fair

Most people weren't using a pc for games. Let alone to run things like morrowind

And no way is it the same nowadays :russ:

Objectively speaking. There were zero franchises with the original xbox. Everything that got a sequel earned it from being unique.

Even the ones that didn't like jsrf, still got a strong cult following till this day.

What new ip's?
Sea of theives
Forza Horizon
Flintlock
Palworld
Grounded
Starfield
Pentiment
State of decay
Avowed
Hellblade
Indian Jones.

And probably more i’m not thinking of right now, would fit your list perfectly.

But for 2024 reasons none of these games exist :manny: