I Made A Classic Survival Horror Game, If You're Interested...

Legend

Pro
Daps
1st day cop
Which engine did you use?

I used the Blender Game Engine.
blender.org - Home of the Blender project - Free and Open 3D Creation Software

But more specifically, I used a fork of BGE, called UPBGE.
UPBGE | The best integrated Blender Game Engine

I've been using the Blender 3D program for over a decade, since I was around 13-14. Games have been an integral part of my life... From the moment I unwrapped the PlayStation on Xmas of '98, my life was forever changed. I was always trying to build games of some sort during my childhood, mostly games made with paper. Like cutting out the shape of a gameboy, building consoles with my brother using shoe boxes, etc.

I had to have created 70+ games by now, not of 'em I ever finished. Most of the reason was because I was a kid with no responsibilities. I'm a grown man now. With a wife and kids. Since I left the Army, I had a lot of free time for a limited amount of time, if that makes sense.. I knew eventually If I didn't do something, I would have to return to the 9-5 work cycle. Clock in, clock out, sleep, repeat. I knew finally finishing a game and releasing it would be my last chance. My last chance to earn my own money, and not have to get back on the gerbil wheel.

I copped the Silent hill collection digitally for Xbox one...it didn’t age well at all.
Crazy props to you for making the game though. Anything you can tell us about the process?
As gamers I’m sure a bunch of us has wished at one point they could make a game of their own. How difficult was it for you? Did you create assets yourself or download everything from somewhere specific?

Making a game is one of the most mentally exhausting endeavors you can undertake... But one of the most rewarding if you manage to make it through... It requires the best of your intelligence, patience, and focus. This is all tripled when you are working solely by yourself. Quadruple if you're working on a 3D project, as opposed to 2D. An additional dimension that you now have to build around.

I made 99.9% of everything you see in those images and video. From the ground up, polygon by polygon. The humans are pre-made, but only the base figure. I had to design the clothes, and accessories. And I copped a pre-made car or two to save time. The motel, the rooms, all the important stuff ---- from the ground up.

The process is different for everyone. As a solo or indie dev, you develop a work pattern that works for you. There's so much to it, if you ask a more specific question, I'll be happy to answer.