They need to copy Final Fantasy 7 remakes battle system and they'll be the goat

I know I'm alone in this

The writing is definitely less but the characters win me over

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a whole? No.....recently? Still probably no but maybe yes actually Beseria is the best game among both series released in the last decade if you don't count the MMO.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
As a whole? No.....recently? Still probably no but maybe yes actually Beseria is the best game among both series released in the last decade if you don't count the MMO.
Every game I've played ive enjoyed
I think Berseria is the best in terms of writing but it doesn't feel like a Tales game in terms of tone

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Took a while for me to get into Vesparia but now I'm hooked
I want them to port everything to PS5
Remaster the two handheld games I never played
Remake Tales of Eternia

Final Fantasy has higher highs
But Tales is more consistent

The action battle system is fun
They need to copy Final Fantasy 7 remakes battle system and they'll be the goat

I know I'm alone in this

The writing is definitely less but the characters win me over
Comparing the last two mainline Tales games to the last two mainline Final Fantasy games you're absolutely right. Tales of Berseria is one of my favorite JRPGs of all time. If we go back further than that hell no. Xillia 2 is one of the more emotional JRPGs I've played but Zestiria is bland Xillia is a mess I liked Graces even though the story and main character were kinda meh the battle system and characters carried it. Vesperia was too long. It overstayed it's welcome.

Final Fantasy post X has been on a mostly consistent decline. Tales while it's been uneven if you consider the most recent games has been on an upward trend.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Comparing the last two mainline Tales games to the last two mainline Final Fantasy games you're absolutely right. Tales of Berseria is one of my favorite JRPGs of all time. If we go back further than that hell no. Xillia 2 is one of the more emotional JRPGs I've played but Zestiria is bland Xillia is a mess I liked Graces even though the story and main character were kinda meh the battle system and characters carried it. Vesperia was too long. It overstayed it's welcome.

Final Fantasy post X has been on a mostly consistent decline. Tales while it's been uneven if you consider the most recent games has been on an upward trend.
Final Fantasy tries to reinvent the wheel too much

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Tales is one of the more consistent series in the JRPG genre. But they never really wow you, which is fine. What you see is what you get. They are porting tales of symphonia to consoles now. Hopefully, more get a port too.

FF is weird. It can be great, but some of the more recent titles have been a mess. XIII and XV is particular. Granted they nailed XIV and VII Remake has been solid despite its criticisms.

Series like Dragon Quest, SMT/Persona, & Yakuza are JRPG's that have delivered while FF has been inconsistent.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
as a whole nah.......when square get it right they get it RIGHT
Tales is one of the more consistent series in the JRPG genre. But they never really wow you, which is fine. What you see is what you get. They are porting tales of symphonia to consoles now. Hopefully, more get a port too.

FF is weird. It can be great, but some of the more recent titles have been a mess. XIII and XV is particular. Granted they nailed XIV and VII Remake has been solid despite its criticisms.

Series like Dragon Quest, SMT/Persona, & Yakuza are JRPG's that have delivered while FF has been inconsistent.
Trails for me delivers. If FF and Trails come out the same day I’m playing Trails first.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Trails for me delivers. If FF and Trails come out the same day I’m playing Trails first.
ohh the trails series?? then yea that delivers, but the tales series is very hit or miss,

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na

Square doesn't even want to make Rpgs any more