I know we smash dimes and don't love these hoes, but can a nicca get some engagement ring advice?

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
@Gator Reloaded , breh, I know we've had our differences. But I PLEAD of you. I PLEAD. Don't even consider marrying one of these heffers till you're ATLEAST 30, fam. A man's gotta sow his wild oats :whoa:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Oh shyt lol

If thats the case how long you been with her and you sure u tryna settle down this early?

@Gator Reloaded , breh, I know we've had our differences. But I PLEAD of you. I PLEAD. Don't even consider marrying one of these heffers till you're ATLEAST 30, fam. A man's gotta sow his wild oats :whoa:

If thats the case how long you been with her and you sure u tryna settle down this early?[/quote]

long ass story but we been together for years...off and on bc of distance etc

we closer now and are doing great

idk man...i kinda put my career first bc im down to travel and shyt but im just testing the waters tbh

i do want to marry her but i just wish we were already 30

i think imma take my time and i made it clear im in no rush though---if she cant wait then oh well :manny:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
If thats the case how long you been with her and you sure u tryna settle down this early?

idk man...i kinda put my career first bc im down to travel and shyt but im just testing the waters tbh

i think imma take my time and i made it clear im in no rush though---if she cant wait then oh well :manny:

You got one life to live, fam. Remember, once you get married/have kids there's no going back. Women are fun and all, but you better find you a great one before you promise that's the last p*ssy you're ever gonna enter :usure:

Bumrush Bros.

THERES ONLY ENOUGH ROOM FOR 1 LIL MAMA STAN HERE
Daps
Reppin
Reston VA
I work in the business so heres my advice:

Price: Whatever is in your budget. Traditionally in the states its 2 months salary.

Carat: .99 ct. The price difference between .99 and 1 carat is substantial. When it goes above 1 carat the price jumps large amounts. Actually if I were you i'd go with .79 carat because most cant tell between .79 carat and 1 and it'll save you thousands.

Color? G, H, or I for a great color

Cut? This is totally opinion but round cut always looks the nicest to me. Princess cut can make a large stone look really small and most mountings and heads are designed around round cut so you will have many more prefabricated choices. Princess cut also has corners which limits the amount of prongs and type you can use to hold the stone. Everything else looks meh

Quality? Also known as Clarity this is very important. I would say VS1 would be good and not destroy the bank but I woudnt get any lower than I1.

Now I would go with better color and clarity over size. The difference is when light hits the diamond, the blue streak is very real. When an overhead light hits at the right angle.... good lawd it looks like a star blew up in the room. But work within your budget. Also someone mentioned not going to chains, this is true, they are crap. Think of how much overhead and people are planning to eat off your one purchase. See that sales associate in the suit? And the other one over there? Well they gotta get paid and its coming out your wallet. Go to long established non chain jewelry store and good luck. I think engagement rings are pure crap created by debeers to push diamonds but I make a very good living dealing with them.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

Price: Whatever is in your budget. Traditionally in the states its 2 months salary.

Carat: .99 ct. The price difference between .99 and 1 carat is substantial. When it goes above 1 carat the price jumps large amounts. Actually if I were you i'd go with .79 carat because most cant tell between .79 carat and 1 and it'll save you thousands.

Color? G, H, or I for a great color

Cut? This is totally opinion but round cut always looks the nicest to me. Princess cut can make a large stone look really small and most mountings and heads are designed around round cut so you will have many more prefabricated choices. Princess cut also has corners which limits the amount of prongs and type you can use to hold the stone. Everything else looks meh

Quality? Also known as Clarity this is very important. I would say VS1 would be good and not destroy the bank but I woudnt get any lower than I1.

Now I would go with better color and clarity over size. The difference is when light hits the diamond, the blue streak is very real. When an overhead light hits at the right angle.... good lawd it looks like a star blew up in the room. But work within your budget. Also someone mentioned not going to chains, this is true, they are crap. Think of how much overhead and people are planning to eat off your one purchase. See that sales associate in the suit? And the other one over there? Well they gotta get paid and its coming out your wallet. Go to long established non chain jewelry store and good luck. I think engagement rings are pure crap created by debeers to push diamonds but I make a very good living dealing with them.
Thanks!!!!!!!

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i think imma take my time and i made it clear im in no rush though---if she cant wait then oh well :manny:[/quote]

Think of it this way, you've barely lived more than a quarter of your life span, you really think you ready to settle with ONE woman for the rest of those years? :usure:

i ain't tryna push you away but this is probably the biggest decision you'll make in your life

treezee

LWO
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels

This is sum bullshyt. Get her something that you know she would appreciate, but that doesn't mean you have to spends racks on racks. My wife told me NOT to spend a lot on a ring, she's not flashy like that. You have to know ya girl and get what you think she would like, not what you think nikki minaj would like. Me buying a ring that's worth 2 months on my salary??? :stopitslime::camby:

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
any and everthing :lupe:

i know you're not serious but i'll play along just because i've been through it

@Bumrush Bros. covered the basics of the 4 c's

don't go to a chain store

make sure you get the GIAA cert for the stone you're buying

spend a day somewhere like the diamond district in nyc and go in and out of every store/booth and look and every single stone you can w/in your budget, decide what's most important to because you're going to have to sacrifice somewhere w one or more of the c's, when you're ready to pull the trigger start negotiating and playing hard ball :shaq: