I Keep getting sick after working out...

beck

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good day brehs,

I have a conundrum on my hands.

I work 50 hours per week for my job.

I go anywhere between 4-6 times per week working out as well with the push/pull/legs split... i do the usual 'training each body part 2 times per week' and for each muscle doing 2-3 different exercises. My workouts are between 1h15 to 1h45. I been going to the gym for almost 15 months now with great results and never had problems.

Now here lies my problem: lately, I keep getting sick brehs, now with the change in temperature and because is getting colder and colder, I be getting sick, catching colds with soar throat and fever, not being able to go to the gym.
I recover in about 3-5 days, go back into my old routine, feeling like Hulk in the gym for about 1-2 weeks, then getting sick again. Mind you my job is very demanding as well.

It's a cycle that keeps repeating. I was discussing with one of the muscle heads in my gym, and he was saying to me that because I work out so hard, it puts a strain on my body and on my which lowers my immune system. Coupled with the low temperatures, boom you have the cold. Now he said i should lower the amount of time working out or the volume and go lighter

Any recommandations? Anybody had this problem before? I'm afraid that if I lower the volume/workout sessions, I will not have the same results like I had until now.

Much appreciated.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
start trying to go to bed earlier if possible

check your nutrition, are you hydrated? do you get basic vitamins? is your house/clothes clean? (:skip:)

but still its likely not the lifting but rather environment and habits. Lifting does dampen your immune system DURING the work out but if its happening on the regular its probably habits

also consider that for the volume of work you put on your body you need to afford it increased recovery. If you are constantly stressing yourself you will find yourself sick more often than not

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Pics of your body please.
hYAzbYf.gif

beck

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
start trying to go to bed earlier if possible

check your nutrition, are you hydrated? do you get basic vitamins? is your house/clothes clean? (:skip:)

but still its likely not the lifting but rather environment and habits. Lifting does dampen your immune system DURING the work out but if its happening on the regular its probably habits

also consider that for the volume of work you put on your body you need to afford it increased recovery. If you are constantly stressing yourself you will find yourself sick more often than not

:leostare::scust: of course man, come on, we deal with mature individuals here

i go to bed between 10-11PM... i need at least 9h of sleep to get me through the day...My nutrition is good, i eat balanced meals, keep track of my macros...I eat alot of fruits now as well.....I make sure I am hydrated all during the day before going to the gym...

I might get a mutivitamin complex and some Chamomile tea for helping my quality of sleep...thanks for the input

beck

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't drop volume at this point. Take a look at your nutrition and supplementation and make sure that up to par. I would also make sure you are getting enough sleep.

what supplimentation do you have in mind? i only take whey proteine and creatine...nothing else

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL

i go to bed between 10-11PM... i need at least 9h of sleep to get me through the day...My nutrition is good, i eat balanced meals, keep track of my macros...I eat alot of fruits now as well.....I make sure I am hydrated all during the day before going to the gym...

I might get a mutivitamin complex and some Chamomile tea for helping my quality of sleep...thanks for the input
also are you living in colder climates? what do you train in?

i know alot of people that swear by sweats etc

JJ_ALL_DAY

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Mass
I would definately implement more whole foods into your diet. I go to the gym 4-5 days a week. I make sure I eat a lot of fruit and drink water. I rarely get sick.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca

You sleep to much cutback an hour or two.

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
50 hour work week,life, and gym time man you're prolly dealing with mental exhaustion and that's affecting your overall well being. Try taking a week or two off from the gym and cutting the excess outta your daily living.