I just started watching One Piece

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I aint watched this show in years, stopped watching after the Baroque works arc due to missing too many eps after it, couldn't be bothered after that. From what I remember the show was alright, though it didn't draw me in like DBZ did, just didn't find it that entertaining.

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
Nah. shyts all on Hulu tho. Like hundreds of episodes
timduncanokthatsenuf.png

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I might have to check this shyt out.. I've been out of anime for a while...What are the best aspects of the series?

-Creativity. The powers that are given to characters and how they are used in battles are interesting.

-World building. The series has one of the best worlds I've seen in an anime/manga. The unique locations play a role, but the best part is it's rich history, especially the unknown history that gives the series more depth.

-Character interaction between the main characters

-Callbacks. There are a lot characters and situations that are given small apperances in early arcs that wind up playing a key role in future arcs.

-Humor. This depends on what kind of humor you like, but One Piece tends to be very juvenile and over the top. If you like that kind of thing you'll enjoy this.

-Music. When it comes to the anime, the One Piece music is probably the best in shonen anime. Battle themes, emotional themes, dramatic themes, all top notch.

Basically, if you enjoy works that focus on adventure, tends to be more lighthearted but can provide strong dramatic moments, have no problem with over the top character designs/situations/action scenes, and can make fun of itself, you should be able to enjoy this.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I aint watched this show in years, stopped watching after the Baroque works arc due to missing too many eps after it, couldn't be bothered after that. From what I remember the show was alright, though it didn't draw me in like DBZ did, just didn't find it that entertaining.
if u got to the war u wouldnt be disrespecting one piece like that :birdman:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
For real, Luffy is a breath of fresh air in terms of character. I mean he's got the same sort of aloof type of thing that a lot of anime characters seem to have. But his powers, I've never seen shyt like this before. It's just really cool. The powers in this show are just interesting so far. And I'm sure it's only gonna get better. I just wonder just how powerful a "rubber man" can get. I mean, someone's gotta have some devastating shyt out there, rite?

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
For real, Luffy is a breath of fresh air in terms of character. I mean he's got the same sort of aloof type of thing that a lot of anime characters seem to have. But his powers, I've never seen shyt like this before. It's just really cool. The powers in this show are just interesting so far. And I'm sure it's only gonna get better. I just wonder just how powerful a "rubber man" can get. I mean, someone's gotta have some devastating shyt out there, rite?
:banderas: wait til u c breh....just when u think "this dude is powerful as fuk" a new aspect about the powers comes about and you'll be like "dat dude wasnt shyt" :merchant:...the progression of characters on that show is dope too....im telling u breh the impel down arc is gonna blow your mind

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I'm not gonna lie..... I really didn't start enjoying One Piece til like episode 50.... Whatever eps it was when Zoro found that cursed sword. I was just.... floored by how much it had been butchered by 4kids before it got to the states.

But the next arc after the opening arc... The Alabasta Arc?

The Alabasta Arc is hands down one of the best works of fiction I've ever seen.

I actually dropped it after marathon watching it after the end of the Thriller Bark arc. Right after Luffy punched dude from the World Elite or whatever. Folks had hyped up the moment so much that I couldn't see the big deal in it.

Been meaning to pick it back up. Maybe in a year or so.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think One Piece first started to show its potential around the Baratie and Arlong Park arc. In Baratie we got Zoro Vs. Mihawk and with it our first glimpse of how powerful the strongest men of the Grand Line are, in Arlong Park we see Luffy for the first time be more personal about fighting the bad guy.

However, I'll say it wasn't until the Alabasta arc that One Piece finally achieved its potential and truly became the greatest Shounen series. That arc was were the game done changed for the first time around, and the only arcs to match it are Enies Lobby and Marineford.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I actually dropped it after marathon watching it after the end of the Thriller Bark arc. Right after Luffy punched dude from the World Elite or whatever. Folks had hyped up the moment so much that I couldn't see the big deal in it.

Been meaning to pick it back up. Maybe in a year or so.

I had the same thing with the Celestial Dragon punch. That moment was hyped up so much and I get why it's a popular moment but it wasn't worth all that hype. You're crazy to have stopped watching it after that though, shyt gets hella crazy in that arc and it ends with the most emotional Luffy moment of the series (up until that point).

Admittedly you'll have to get through a ridiculous shytload of canon-filler right afterwards (canon-filler because it's all part of the story, they just drag it out to ridiculous levels) before you get to the dope stuff again (Impel Down and Marineford).

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I stopped a bit into Punk Hazard arc. I think episode 594 to be specific.

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once Zoro was introduced and "The Walk to Arlong Park"... that's when i was hooked. I damn near skipped all of Thriller Bark until the epic ending :ohlawd:

btw watch it in Japanese... i used to watch English dubs but once i switched to subs :ohlawd: .. only problem is i can't multitask with subs.