I just started watching One Piece

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, it's worth getting into, but I would read the manga it's faster and then go to youtube and watch the fights. What story arc are you on?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
And I'm enjoying it. There are a crazy amount of episodes though. This shyt worth getting into?

Use a filler guide to help you dodge shyt that's not from the source material. Have you reached the villain Arlong yet? You get sucked in and you stop caring about how long the series is after he's introduced. Some of the legit arcs will make you feel like skipping a large number of episodes though like the Davey Back arc (which was straight comedy that didn't move the plot), for me it was Skypeia which was long winded, and then there's Thriller Bark Arc (another comedy arc which has a really awesome moment but took so fukking long to get there).

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing is the OP has a lot of fillers, but I think you're fine if you google "one piece no filler" and follow their recommendation.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd just read/watch the whole thing filler included. The crew just having fun outchea is a big part of the charm.

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're enjoying the series 4 episodes in the rest of the series is gonna blow you away.

I feel for the most part the manga is better. The pace is better and the anime actually censors some stuff. In your case I'd stick with the anime. The early manga scans of One Piece can be downright HORRID with its awful scanning that makes the pages too dark and the laughable translations making character names and most dialogue gibberish. The anime also has that godly music :ohlawd: