I just read an article about the struggles experienced by black tech entrepreneurs

Ya?

Banned
Daps
Whats wrong with complaining? Its the first step in shaming, which is the beginning of getting things to change.

Most of us work for a white ceo somewhere at the top of our hierarchy. We know they look out for their own but we have laws and social pressures that make a company not wanna hire an all white staff.

There's never anythjng wrong with black people complaining about racism. Never

It’s a multi prong issue, shaming other races for mistreatment of black people is 1 thing but we have also have to understand that a large part of black peoples problem is being at the mercy of other races for a lot of things.

We have to be more independent and self reliant on all aspect of life as well.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s a multi prong issue, shaming other races for mistreatment of black people is 1 thing but we have also have to understand that a large part of black peoples problem is being at the mercy of other races for a lot of things.

We have to be more independent and self reliant on all aspect of life as well.

Of course, but its not like you can just wait on nonexistent black vcs with nonexistent capital. However, these are things that we can look to solve in future generations as long as we pass down the wealth, which is the most problack thing anyone can do in this entire world honestly.

Im not disagreeing with, you i just know where these guys are coming from. Im in silicon valley very often, i know the vibes

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Whats wrong with complaining? Its the first step in shaming, which is the beginning of getting things to change.

Most of us work for a white ceo somewhere at the top of our hierarchy. We know they look out for their own but we have laws and social pressures that make a company not wanna hire an all white staff.

There's never anythjng wrong with black people complaining about racism. Never

Exactly, why people have all the needed resources to make things happen in the realm of business and people act like somehow black people can magically succeed without resources in money. Some of y’all sound like right wing knuckleheads

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Brothas from here should consider tech options in Africa. Y’all have the knowledge of the west and the motherland could use the expertise.
Is the infrastructure there in Africa yet to succeed at the level that he could in America? Especially if given the correct resources?

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
A lot of them feel pressured to add a white co-founder because there is a notion that black-led businesses can only cater to black people.

Subtle slights and double standards

Can you imagine how VCs would react if a breh came in dressed like this...
8d72c1fe-29f5-4545-ad64-7104222af266-1335x2040.jpeg

That notion means you have a market of 35 million people..a very good place to start :jbhmm:

Why do Black developers shun providing services for Black people exclusively and prefer running after the mainstream where they will be ostracized and discriminated against..quit trying to prove your worth to cacs..:gucci:

Kwabena

I am STEM.
Daps
Reppin
Antibes
VCs will give Elizabeth Holmes a billion dollars cuz she has deep voice, even though they KNEW her product was scientifically impossible.

But let a breh come in with a deep voice wearing all black talking like the fukkin terminator and they might call security :dead:
A black-led company would never be given the benefit of the doubt the way VCs gave her. No working prototype and Inc. was calling her the next Steve Jobs :mjtf:

Ya?

Banned
Daps
Ah. I see what time you're on now.

@Nicole0416
Please let me know.

Fact is, black people need more leverage, we can shame these people all day long about their inherent biases but if we dont deal with increasing the visibility and viability of those in our in-group resources and interest in invest in black entrepreneurship this will continue to happen regardless.

We have to keep this in mind in these conversations. Multiprong issue with a multiprong solution. Besides whites VC, Asian VC are quite prominent and many of them fund their counterparts. Black people are largely at the mercy of other groups in every aspect of life, we need to tackle this problem simultaneously.

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
VCs will give Elizabeth Holmes a billion dollars cuz she has deep voice, even though they KNEW her product was scientifically impossible.

But let a breh come in with a deep voice wearing all black talking like the fukkin terminator and they might call security :dead:
Legend has it that she’s a robot because she never blinks. Nothing but High level Scamming with that Theranos blood company of hers. You do know that her voice wasn’t naturally deep like that? her voice was a lie too. She didn’t even have a college degree - trying to be the female Steve Jobs
:deadrose: