I just need to vent about how incompetent Tivo is as a company

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
I understand your struggle, switched over to a Tivo Vox with the Vox Mini in the bedroom, because Comcast said I couldn't keep the X1 DVR without their internet service.

TiVo customer service is useless, just go the forums, they'll be more help.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Because Tivo's DVR is better than my cable provider's. It has one pass. If I set up a series recording it goes back to episode 1 and records all the shows in order from the repeats aired on TV in syndication or whatever. It also incorporates my streaming services into the pass so I can stream or watch recording.

I paid like $400 for this Roamio with lifetime service on it. It's the best DVR I've ever used.
You're better off paying for internet only and going with Sling TV, PS Vue, or DirecTV Now at this point if you want live TV and "On Demand". All that DVR and shyt you're talking about is way too much in 2018.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I'm glad I saw this thread because last night I was watching some reviews for alternatives to cable. I know not to mess with anything Tivo now. I have a fire stick which I enjoy and my cable discount is up in May and I will not be keeping cable TV.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It only took 2 months for them to fix this and I was never notified by the company it was fixed. I left my Mini plugged in for 2 months and on then today I tried it again and it updated to their new Hydra interface. I didn't want to upgrade my TiVo to Hydra but I said screw it because I didn't trust their downgrade option to leave me with a useable Mini.