I just need to vent about how incompetent Tivo is as a company

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I copped the Tivo Mini so I can watch my Tivo in the bed room on my living room DVR.

I go to activate it and it can't find the DVR it needs to connect with to stream from. So I call customer service and they have me do all this troubleshooting crap and it doesn't work.

It turns out that my Tivo is running a more up to date version of the Tivo software than my Tivo Mini is. There's no way for the end user or the CSR to force the Tivo Mini to update to the latest software because before the Mini activates it can only do a setup process it can never complete. The Mini is a worthless brick because Tivo didn't think to have a way to either force a software upgrade on it or allow the user to do so.

I call these motherfukkers up and they're playing dumb. I figured this out mostly on my own when I started asking questions about a software update and they told me they had no way to update. How does this happen?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Tivo ain't been relevant in a decade. Why you fukking with it at all?

I'm surprised they even picked up when you called :dwillhuh:
Because Tivo's DVR is better than my cable provider's. It has one pass. If I set up a series recording it goes back to episode 1 and records all the shows in order from the repeats aired on TV in syndication or whatever. It also incorporates my streaming services into the pass so I can stream or watch recording.

I paid like $400 for this Roamio with lifetime service on it. It's the best DVR I've ever used.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I copped the Tivo Mini so I can watch my Tivo in the bed room on my living room DVR.

I go to activate it and it can't find the DVR it needs to connect with to stream from. So I call customer service and they have me do all this troubleshooting crap and it doesn't work.

It turns out that my Tivo is running a more up to date version of the Tivo software than my Tivo Mini is. There's no way for the end user or the CSR to force the Tivo Mini to update to the latest software because before the Mini activates it can only do a setup process it can never complete. The Mini is a worthless brick because Tivo didn't think to have a way to either force a software upgrade on it or allow the user to do so.

I call these motherfukkers up and they're playing dumb. I figured this out mostly on my own when I started asking questions about a software update and they told me they had no way to update. How does this happen?
That’s some total bullshyt :dwillhuh:
No recourse? Glad I’m Netflix and Plex only. I’d be furious :mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

thesandman

Peace.
Daps
Reppin
Zion

Damn that's weird? So you basically have to wait for a patch!? Damn homie

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

Sounds like you need to swap your box out for a compatible one