A Channing Tatum Movie? Hell fukking Yeah

tumblr_m6ekl2ta0T1r9jzvzo1_400.gif

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
You cant trust critics when it comes to Soderbergh. Hes one of those directors that for some reason is just a golden child and no matter what his movies are overly praised. Kinda like qt and clint eastwood.

One4Deuce

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Minnesota
Unlikely that I'll see it in theaters, but I am interested in seeing it, will definitely check it out eventually.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Definitely, think I'll probably see it Monday night. Have been wanting to see something in theaters since 'Mama' to cleanse myself of that filth.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
The visual style in this film was exceptional. The way the camera played with depth of field and focus had me like :whoo: Especially when people would lean forward and go from out of focus to in.....shyt was brilliant.

Wasn't completely in on the story, but was very entertained, so it was good enough.

Rooney Mara though? So fukking good. And the wire scene? :merchant::noah:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I want to see this, I didn't know Soderbergh was directing it looked like some bogus February thriller, tossed out quickly, but the cast, plot, plus Soderbergh has me sold. I really liked 'Contagion', I've been debating seeing 'Broken City' in the theaters, since I really have wanted to see something the last week or so, but I think I'll skip that, and just see this.

I thought contagion was dope as hell too fast paced I seen a lot of hate on it from here I don't know why people was saying it was boring shyt was dope to me

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I'm kinda torn on this movie, it's shot and acted really well, there some really ill shots and cinematography, that are just Soderbergh at his best. The music, the plot, ratchets up the tension and the uncertainty, feelings of dread and unease are developed expertly, like Hitchcock, the fear that something terrible is right around the corner, even as everyone smiles, and wears nice clothes, in nice apartments, and stunning offices. I think all the actors pulled off their characters, at times I was annoyed rather then sympathetic with Mara's characters, and Channing Tatum was a little restrained at time, but more then competent. Law is the obvious standout.

However, at the 60 min mark or so, the movie goes off track, imo. I don't know what direction it should have gone, but the one it went in was far from satisfactory, and it goes from suspenseful to a free falling and lengthy explanation of things, suited for bad 80's and mid 90's thrillers, like 'Sliver', or 'Malice', it's watchable but the last 45 min or so DRAGGED, heavily. The relationships and the things we are asked to believe don't hold up, imo, and the movie also utilizes some very stock looking flashback scenes, like something out of 'Double Jeopardy', the blurry vision, the tranquil yacht, the flashing police lights...that was bad. I felt cheated out of a better movie, and the ending is pretty eye roll inducing. I get it, he was making a noir style thriller, and HAD to have been giving a nod to those other thrillers, but it came at the expense of a quality movie.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
The movie was :obama:...Jude Law did his thing in this..especially Mara Rooney...

The lesbian wire scene left me :shaq:...when she was unbottoning Catherline Zeta Jones's blouse I was like :noah: and :shaq: and :bryan: all in one

And y'all right..you may think the movie is going one way..and then it COMPLETLY turns the other

When Jude Law gave her water instead of that truth serum I went :ohhh:

Really good movie..

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Definitely, think I'll probably see it Monday night. Have been wanting to see something in theaters since 'Mama' to cleanse myself of that filth.

I thought Mama was decent for a horror flick...