I Just Bought a Pair of Three Wheel Inline Skates...and I Love Them

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Rollerblading be fun as fukk. I remember my brother had a pair and I when I grew into them, I was a beast.

Once you the hang of it, you can speed skate.

giphy.gif
you be speedskatin? :gucci:

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Ive been wanting to try those ..

How much? Done any long trips?

They’re $300-400 depending on the model and wheel size.

I usually do about 6 miles an outing.

Particularly at the ocean boardwalks, one direction is WAAAY harder than the other. The wind gives crazy resistance so it feels like you’re giving all this effort but hardly going anywhere.

in the opposite, it feels like you’re a superhuman weaving in and out between pedestrians

how tall are u op?
5’11”

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I live behind a greenbelt/walking trails...the amount of people out there every day since covid has quadrupled. Shocked how many black folks I see cycling every day.

Same here, im down the street from Rock Creek Park, its literally the place to be since quarantine.

PullOutGawd

Boosie the GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Falls
I love blading
I fukkin kill it out there

Dart in my mouth, shirt off, feeling like a crisp hundo bill:win:

Only problem is my hockey history
I've tried hitting the brakes like I do on the ice :sadbron:

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
PS-Swell-Aquamarine-Trinity-100-4.jpg

Powerslide, a German skate company, is a pioneer in 3WD inline skates. They have different categories of skates like street, fitness, racing, etc. I went with this fitness model because it’s a soft boot...I broke my left foot years ago so I need give for my weirdly shaped foot.

I put a brake on mine but it’s still necessary to know how to slow down using your wheels because these muhfukkas are fast.

my first go round in 3WD skates I ordered these Powerslide next models with 125mm wheels.
iTtG5fG.jpg

I love how they ride but they’re too small for me. The size is a 44-45 EUR, but you have to size up with these.

I’ve been skating almost every day since I got these. I haven’t skated regularly since I was a kid. I almost forgot how freeing it is to skate on oceanfronts or bike trails. It’s a great workout and good reason to get out of the house.

They look fresh as hell. I haven’t skated since I was child and I use to stay busting my ass. I’d be too embarrassed to retry this shyt at my age in public falling everywhere & shyt lmao. If my skills were great I’d be flexing on mothafukkas though.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
I’ve lost 15 lbs since buying these this summer. I usually go out 3-4 times a week. I’ve built up my endurance so that I can go over 20 miles in one outing if the winds are ideal. My usual route is the bike path from the Palisades to the end of Venice Beach...about 10 miles round trip.

I put the 125mm wheels and frame on my boot. The 125s are way more fun. You can coast off a good push for a half mile or so before having to take another stride on a good tailwind. The taller wheels also allow you take corners really fast.

This is the first time I’ve been this active routinely since I ran track in HS. :pachaha: If you’re looking for a low impact full body workout, you should consider some 3wds. I plan on copping the off-road joints this summer
powerslide-next-outback-150.jpg