I have zero abdominal strength

Kwabena

I am STEM.
Daps
Reppin
Antibes
I can't do a single sit-up. Please give me some suggestions for alternative core workouts

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Start slowwww and work up to it. Check your weight for your height and age. If it’s grossly wrong then you need to diet, do aerobic with anaerobic. That’s work heart and muscles. Get a liter water bottle and keep it with you. Sip throughout day and empty at least once a day. Cut chips, fried foods, and sugar out. If you can’t then cut it in half. Ok:

What is your body type? Do you know the types? No? There are 3, with people moving to one or regressing to another at any point in their lives so there are actually 6, they are based upon ectomorphic (lean hardgainer) mesomoph (responds to training) and endomorph (eat a Twinkie it becomes a Twinkie, on your ass) first things first. You have to keep your body in a thermic state, that is a burning calories state. Count your meals per day. Whatever it is, double that ie if it’s 3 make 6 nutritional ones. Not that slop you been eating. Once you begin training, you should train with intensity and duration hitting your target heart rate or max at least three times for 45 min to an hour, no more than an hour and a half.

If you walking in the gym yapping and chilling you ain’t doing sheeeit! Get off your fukking fat ass and grab some real estate on the floor you maggot! If you see spots , dots before your eyes you are doing too much too quick! Ease off!

Start here with your core.

Assume the plank position with elbows on ground like in video. If you can’t hold it for a minute and are trembling like a leaf in a cyclone then you are a sheep waiting to be killed by the wolf and your core is powerful weak.

To really accelerate your core get a 15lb to 20lb weight. Stand in mirror and rotate it up, down and side to side in a slow, deliberate circular motion. Do 4 sets of 10 reps. Your arms may feel like jello after but if that is too much do 10 lbs until you can do it. Then go up. Keep going and start doing it with your legs raised on floor like in video except you also use the weight. Go slow! Don’t jerk. Golden rule is if you start trembling, have poor form then back off. Do this for 90 days.

Assess progress and setbacks. Re attack it! Summer is coming up ! You fukking welcome son!

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
I started out just doing this cycle I saw Lebron, Melo, Wade and Deron doing on youtube one day

then i added in some of the stuff i saw the AthleanX dude do here once i got to a level where i was strong enough to hold myself up on the handles of the leg lift, rather than rest on the elbow pads

thats it really :yeshrug:

well also dont eat like shyt if you want your abs to show :russ:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Get a medicine ball or basketball. Hold both hands on it with arms straight. Then extend your legs straight out with with feet supporting your legs as in push up position. You can hold this pose for as long as you can. When you feel ready bring one leg up at a time with knee going as close to chest as possible. You can also point the knee to the side as well. Great trunk stability and strength movement.

Lots of good advice in this thread. OP all you have to do is implement it and be consistent, that’s it.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Deadlift deadlift and more deadlift. Rock solid functional core in a couple months.
Sit ups are garbage and a waste of energy

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if you think your abdominals are weak in a way you are saying your core is weak....I bet you don't do much in the way of lower back extensions, barbell rows, overhead presses, core stability drills, front and side plans, weighted crunches...I actually had a weak core at one point myself and of course I identified it after I hurt my lower back.