I Have A Confession To Make: I Haven't Played Last of Us 2

Daps
First is my favorite game on the PS4, and possibly of all time. I haven't been spoiled, but I can guess, from certain contextual inferences I've gathered after reading non-spoiler discussion, that game will floor me with several of its story beats. I don't know if I'm ready for it, to be quite frank. Can someone here convince me that it's worth the emotional roller coaster ride? No spoilers, please. Thanks.

:francis:

Last edited:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I dont know if this trolling but I'll bite

If you like stealth games at least the ellie stuff i am only 10 hours in the best stealth since metal gear solid and the best horror since resident evil 2 remake

The sense of terror you can strike in your enemies makes you feel like a horror movie monster or when you miss a shot and your down to your boss weapons feel a lot tension as you frantically try to get to the next objective

The story not as gripping or tightly constructed as the first but as it's a game first and a story second I think it is very enjoyable but mileage may very :yeshrug:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
I dont know if this trolling but I'll bite

If you like stealth games at least the ellie stuff i am only 10 hours in the best stealth since metal gear solid and the best horror since resident evil 2 remake

The sense of terror you can strike in your enemies makes you feel like a horror movie monster or when you miss a shot and your down to your boss weapons feel a lot tension as you frantically try to get to the next objective

The story not as gripping or tightly constructed as the first but as it's a game first and a story second I think it is very enjoyable but mileage may very :yeshrug:

Op isn't missing anything skipping TLOU2

and lol at horror, it's not even comparable to the other horror titles released this gen.

The infected aren't the focus in the TLOU series.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Op isn't missing anything skipping TLOU2

and lol at horror, it's not even comparable to the other horror titles released this gen.

The infected aren't the focus in the TLOU series.

It's really good at horror despite not being a "horror" game. If I was a kid trying to play this game I'd be shook. :yeshrug:

I think the only games that are head and shoulders better than this as horror games off the top of my head are RE2 Remake, Outlast 1 and Alien Isolation.

Daps
It's really good at horror despite not being a "horror" game. If I was a kid trying to play this game I'd be shook. :yeshrug:

I think the only games that are head and shoulders better than this as horror games off the top of my head are RE2 Remake, Outlast 1 and Alien Isolation.
RE2:Remake wasn’t scary, save for Mr. X.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are not alone. Never played the series beforr even though I have part 2 in front of me still shrinkwrapped, unopened 3 weeks after buying it. Just like uncharted 4 which is still shrinkwrapped almost 5 years later. Need to get my lazy ass going with these games and books. Actually just realized I got the first one too but it was given to me by a coworker because their kid didnt want the game anymore. Ps3 is on deck so might as wll

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
RE2:Remake wasn’t scary, save for Mr. X.

I don't judge horror anything based on how scary it is. I don't find any of it scary, but it's a really good horror game. It has great atmosphere and is very immersive, you basically feel like you're in the game a lot of times, which is the sign of a good horror game or movie IMO.

Most people who actually watch horror movies or play horror games don't find them scary, doesn't mean they are good or bad because of that.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
It's pretty good

No spoilers in this tag, only providing context to the emotional rollercoaster experience of TLOU2
It's moreso introspective - actions have consequences. A lot more nuanced than the first, have to be an adult to understand - leave emotions at the door.

Genos

Superstar
Daps
One of the best games story wise and gameplay wise this gen, I would only skip it if you like non story based games or online only shooters.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I mean there's 2 or 3 set pieces that felt like the best episode of the walking dead I love the mood and atmosphere

Also at 1 point I had a group of enemies and I used a improvised weapon to to stun them and went to like my Batman shyt bobbing and weaving with the knife because I was running low on bullets and the last one drop there weapon once I killed there friends and started. Begging for their life that legit freaked me out be cause I never had a video game bad guy beg for mercy and it was women character too :picard:

This is not mgs no pacifist runs and ellie cant knock people out so I had to kill them because I didnt want them giving up my location:hubie:

I looked in to and if a enemy one hit from death some will curse at you or cry or beg so I want experiment a bit and see what they do if you leave them alone

the work benches were like the resident evil save rooms in the old game and now if your at a work bench and a enemy is near by they will rush you and grab you . It only happen once so far but that was dope

If that happens again I am let them live and see what happens

Last edited: