I gotta be honest with y'all, man. Games ain't hitting the same since I played TLOU2

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
naughty dog are just on another level when it comes to writing characters. Thats why I laugh when someone says "this studio can be the next naughty dog" or whatever as if all it takes is a bag of money.

also, its not even just the writing, it's the acting, and motion cap/animation. Its just unmatched so far

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
naughty dog are just on another level when it comes to writing characters. Thats why I laugh when someone says "this studio can be the next naughty dog" or whatever as if all it takes is a bag of money.

also, its not even just the writing, it's the acting, and motion cap/animation. Its just unmatched so far
Breh, it's EVERYTHING. I laugh when people say these are movie games made up entirely of cutscenes, the gameplay is so top notch you can clear out any given area in 20 different ways. Everytime I feel like I've aced the combat system I see a YouTube gamer do some wild shyt I've never seen before and I have to go back and try it. I don't recall such fire combat in any game :ohlawd:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
fw mass effect if you havent bro

i had the same feeling after playing last of us 1 and 2 and i got that same feeling now

mass effect is the only video game story ive played that has matched that
I've never played it, bro, should I cop the remastered versions which just dropped?

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
I've never played it, bro, should I cop the remastered versions which just dropped?

absolutely, go into it blind w no spoilers and enjoy all the content that comes with it

dont skip any of the side missions everything from game 1 to game 3 has consequences in how it plays out

probably top five video game experiences ive had

only thing ill say is the earlier games feel a little dated especially compared to tlou2, once you get into the story though youll enjoy it

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Breh, it's EVERYTHING. I laugh when people say these are movie games made up entirely of cutscenes, the gameplay is so top notch you can clear out any given area in 20 different ways. Everytime I feel like I've aced the combat system I see a YouTube gamer do some wild shyt I've never seen before and I have to go back and try it. I don't recall such fire combat in any game :ohlawd:

ElXz4Hy.gif

ccVpt66.gif

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
absolutely, go into it blind w no spoilers and enjoy all the content that comes with it

dont skip any of the side missions everything from game 1 to game 3 has consequences in how it plays out

probably top five video game experiences ive had

only thing ill say is the earlier games feel a little dated especially compared to tlou2, once you get into the story though youll enjoy it
I know absolutely nothing about Mass Effect, so I'll be experiencing it with fresh eyes. Will cop it on Steam, man, thanks for the recommendation :salute:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Breh there are details such as,

The scene where you first encounter stalkers as Ellie, if you leave a trap mine by the door, it blows up the stalker, it's not a cut scene

Same for when you get ambushed at the workbench, if you leave a trap mine by the bedroom door it kills the dude who would otherwise grab you. So many of these details that in other games are just cutscenes, they're fully living breathing parts of the world in TLOU2

Unparalleled experience :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Breh there are details such as,

The scene where you first encounter stalkers as Ellie, if you leave a trap mine by the door, it blows up the stalker, it's not a cut scene

Same for when you get ambushed at the workbench, if you leave a trap mine by the bedroom door it kills the dude who would otherwise grab you. So many of these details that in other games are just cutscenes, they're fully living breathing parts of the world in TLOU2

Unparalleled experience :wow:

there is really no other game that gives the player so much agency while keeping the animation so fluid and realistic either.

ZL7wLH2.gif