I finished season two of Hannibal tonight

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Just watched the S2 finale again. Top 5 single greatest episode of TV ever.

"The teacup that I shattered would come together"

"I wanted to surprise you, and you, you wanted to surprise me"

"Now that you know me, see me"

"You believe you could change me, the way I've changed you"
"I already did"

The score.

That was perfect television.

wenis

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Man I wish I could rewatch this series fresh. One of my favorite pieces of television since The Sopranos. Season 3 goes to some wild ass places and Brian Fuller quadruples down on the opulence and richness of Hannibal’s world. It’s divisive but it’s amazing and he builds another wonderful season with a deft hand. The mere fact this show not only exists but it’s first three seasons manifested on network television?! Of all fukking places. He got away with something highly unique that only one other series currently on the air not being run by Fuller himself will dare to go into (Legion) is quite the feat.

It would be a shame if he never got to do his version of Silence and found a true ending. Season 3 ends very well but he’s gotta be feeling that itch for something more.

wenis

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Of all the shows that were pushed to be brought back I'll never understand how this couldn't find a new home
Fuller wanted to work on something different while he waited out the Silence of the Lambs character rights to open up from MGM. So he signed onto a bunch of projects that he later either did one season of (American Gods) or jumped ship before production because of creative differences (Star Trek, The Vampire Chronicles, American Gods Season 2). Who knows what he’s doing now. Everyone expects that since he left American Gods because of budget issues he’s trying to make moves with the Dino de Laurentiis Company to get those Silence characters so he can produce the next season of Hannibal because those characters were tied up in a failed Lifetime series based around Clarice Starling and that shyt ain’t happening.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There's no official word but if they're gonna do something now is the time. Hugh Dancy's show just got cancelled and Bryan Fuller is no longer working on "American Gods".

Fred.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
One of the best shows ever. Fuller's cinematography was nuts and this show was messing with me on a psychological level. The dialogue was on point and some of Hannibal's perspective had me straight shook bc I agreed with him on a few things :lupe:

• Dap
Reactions: hex