I finally applied for Global Entry. Anyone have it? Is it worth it?

Daps
Definitely worth the $15 additional dollars over Precheck if you expect to travel internationally even just 2 times during the 5 year window.

Precheck is the more important feature for most people. If you have neither and you only travel once a year or less internationally but more frequently domestic, I’d actually recommend just getting Precheck so don’t have to wait for the Global entry processing time. Get global entry when it comes time to renew Precheck.

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
Only if who u travel with has it.

Kids EACH have to have it. Same with spouse. Different from Clear and TSA with the kid angle.

For me it's pointless bc I rarely travel internationally alone.
You can just get it for the kids too.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it is worth it even if you travel internationally 1 time. SOmetimes the line at JFK for passport control is like 2 hours long. Also worth it since it comes with TSA precheck.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Worth it, you get pre check with it and you can skip the long customs lines when coming home. A lot of travel credit cards will even pay for it.

The interview is nothing. The dude looked at my ID and asked some basic questions like my birthday and address. In and out in 5 minutes.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Make sure your girlfriend or wife gets it too. Last trip we came back from, my girl didn't have GE yet so I waited with her in the long line at LAX. The customs officer saw that I had GE told me that if he was in my shoes, he would've left her :mjlol:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Worth it, you get pre check with it and you can skip the long customs lines when coming home. A lot of travel credit cards will even pay for it.

The interview is nothing. The dude looked at my ID and asked some basic questions like my birthday and address. In and out in 5 minutes.
I wish it was virtual, but my interview was scheduled for May 2 but he told me to check on Friday mornings because timeslots open up so hopefully I can get something sooner

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Make sure your girlfriend or wife gets it too. Last trip we came back from, my girl didn't have GE yet so I waited with her in the long line at LAX. The customs officer saw that I had GE told me that if he was in my shoes, he would've left her :mjlol:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m literally just going to apply for her because if I don’t, she will never get around to doing it 🤦🏽‍♂️

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Approved. I got my card today.

I found a different place for the interview. It literally took like 2 minutes. They made small talk and took a picture of me and got my fingerprints.

It’s lit :blessed:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I want to get it. I live in Southern California and I go to Tijuana often and I'm thinking about moving there. The only thing preventing me is the cost and wait times

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Yeah it's definitely worth it. Especially if you find yourself on connecting flights in Orlando's demonic ass airport often :wow: