I don’t know how many people play Yugioh, but the ban list came out today.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
Never played this game. Heard of it though. Had a colleague who was deep into it.

Why do they put out ban lists, it means they ban cards for being overpowered - can’t they just make them less powerful (nerf them)?

Last edited:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Never played this game. Heard of it though. Had a colleague who was deep into it.

Why do they put out ban lists, it means they ban cards for being overpowered - can’t they just make them less powerful (nerf them)?

Yes, some cards are so broken they had to be banned. Its usually dependent on which decks are the hottest. With True Draco’s masterpiece was the win condition for them.

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
I topped a regional when I was 13 like 10 years ago.

I loved this game back when the new cards in every set weren’t that much better than what was out. You could run like vampire lord/ryu kokki/ pyramid turtle zombies or warrior toolbox for relatively cheap.

I financed my deck by doing well at locals. Those were the days.

Game seems really dumb now based off YouTube - way too much stuff in the “extra deck”.
-traps aren’t even playable power creep was so bad

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
so was this shyt a real card:

cause I'd imagine if it was, the effects would either be altered or it'd be banned. Was piff on the show though

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD

Yeah initially the banned list were for cards that allowed you to do some OP shyt without paying any tribute and took relatively no skill. For example Monster Reborn. They do come out with less overpowered versions of these cards they're just not going to be called "Monster Reborn". For example the less OP version of Monster Reborn would be Premature Burial which is also end up getting banned lol.

Wayans Brehs

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This thread bringing back memories. Back in middle school I used to crush the kids at our local comic book store. These kids had parents that would buy them all sorts of tins and packs. All I had was the heart of the cards :wow:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
i bought one of the OG dual disks...didn't know that shyt would be a collector's item though

...but I was/am a bigger fan of the show than the actual game (OG series, them newer shows are kinda wack)...I never learned how to play it :guilty:
Jaden > Yami :mjlit: let’s talk about it

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: Watch out for a mid season switch. I’m not sure what’s going on with the OCG meta, but whatever is happening it’s about to make a impact on the TCG.