I consider The Thing (1982) to be the greatest horror film ever made

Daps
Reppin
Botz
the practical effects for the monsters is still some of the best in Hollywood history, the sense of dread, panic, paranoia is expertly crafted throughout the film

the cast isn't stereotypical idiot teens but are actually fairly intelligent and handle the situation in a realistic, quite smart way for the most part... the cast was great and Ennio's score

there are many great horror films, but this might be the GOAT

MV5BNGViZWZmM2EtNGYzZi00ZDAyLTk3ODMtNzIyZTBjN2Y1NmM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I am going to be really honest, I never saw the 1982 version, only the 2011 version. And it was really great, truly great. Another funny thing is that I only saw the 2011 version in 2020, during the pandemic lol

Chaval

Pro
Daps
I am going to be really honest, I never saw the 1982 version, only the 2011 version. And it was really great, truly great. Another funny thing is that I only saw the 2011 version in 2020, during the pandemic lol
Mann do u have to watch the 1982 ASAP than, because if u really like the 2011 version u will be blown away with the original one .

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Goat movie, the effects are so raw. Why cant Hollywood stop with all the blatant cgi. Some of these new movies they feel dead no atmosphere like the actors are in a fishbowl.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
what is your theory is Childs the thing?
Personal theory. Its neither. They both froze to death.
Like they managed to kill it but are so paranoid and Filled with distrust, they just die there.
Just fukked up and an ingenious way to end the movie.

I like the one where they say its Childs because of his breathing with his mouth open and no mist appearing , but its just too convenient.