I consider The Thing (1982) to be the greatest horror film ever made

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the practical effects for the monsters is still some of the best in Hollywood history, the sense of dread, panic, paranoia is expertly crafted throughout the film

the cast isn't stereotypical idiot teens but are actually fairly intelligent and handle the situation in a realistic, quite smart way for the most part... the cast was great and Ennio's score

there are many great horror films, but this might be the GOAT

MV5BNGViZWZmM2EtNGYzZi00ZDAyLTk3ODMtNzIyZTBjN2Y1NmM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The score from Ennio Morricone is one of his best he had to offer. Watching both him and Carpenter go to work on this was really something to see.

I wish there was a resurgence with Lovecraftian horror, but I just don’t trust Hollywood with it these days. That 2011 prequel could’ve actually been something had they stuck with the practical effects - some of the designs were pretty good too. Thought they nailed the level of despair in this though. The dread within the crew upon realizing that the malicious entity before them is incomprehensible.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
There's a part 2:wtf:

I got the The Thing 4k. This better be good. I'm still not over The Shining being one of the worst horrors I've ever seen.
Technically, Part 2 is the video game that dropped back in 2002 and I definitely wouldn’t mind a remastered version sometime in the future. That was a fun one.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I wished they made a part 3
Not sure if they’re still working on it, but Blumhouse had planned for a reboot in collaboration with Carpenter (he likely won’t be directing). Wouldn’t shock me if it turns out to be a legacy sequel ala Halloween (2018) though.