I checked the prices of unrefined avocado oil (best oil for cooking) and it now makes sense why most people choose the unhealthy seed oils

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Fast

Cheap

Good

But you only get to pick two
That's for cars not fruits and vegetables, Avacados value has been artificially inflated due to import laws, there was supposed discussions last season about cold and drought affecting crop yields BUT, you don't need pristine looking Avacados to make oil, they're so easy to bruise that it's simple to get enough avacados to extract oil from, it's harder to get fruit to sell whole in the store

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why does eating healthy have to be so expensive :gucci:
Eating healthy is not expensive. Being choosy while wanting to eat healthy is expensive.

If I want whitefish every day, tilapia isn't the worst option if i'm trying to eat healthy. If I want Haddock or Grouper or Halibut, of course "healthy" is expensive.

Same for buying a bunch of pre-packaged food when I could literally get mirepoix and chicken thighs and make a healthy homemade soup for the week in a stock pot. Healthy is vastly cheaper but comes with the caveat of bulk cooking for best results and not trying to pick the absolute best all the time. EVOO is just fine.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The prices are insane

$45 plus for 1 litre in most places,got damn

Why does eating healthy have to be so expensive :gucci:
Most of the stuff in America is controlled by the drug cartels which artifically raise prices.

Avocados literally grow on tress here and in Kenya. I have an Avocado tree literally outside my front door.

Avocados are cheap as shyt in Colombia

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
Look into Safflower seed oil.
It's full of monounsaturated fats which are healthy and produced by the body naturally (unlike saturated fats).

Polyunsaturated fats are a bit better that monounsaturated fats because they're not produced by the body and actually healthy for you but may be more expensive.

Edit - look at the nutritional labels because some oils have both mono and poly unsaturated fats in different ratios. Just try your best to stay away from saturated fats :usure:

Knowing the different between the fats is better though so you don't get stuck on trying to buy avacado oil just because it's hyped when there is a cheaper alternative available. :salute:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Eating healthy is not expensive. Being choosy while wanting to eat healthy is expensive.

If I want whitefish every day, tilapia isn't the worst option if i'm trying to eat healthy. If I want Haddock or Grouper or Halibut, of course "healthy" is expensive.

Same for buying a bunch of pre-packaged food when I could literally get mirepoix and chicken thighs and make a healthy homemade soup for the week in a stock pot. Healthy is vastly cheaper but comes with the caveat of bulk cooking for best results and not trying to pick the absolute best all the time. EVOO is just fine.
I disagree breh. Eating low quality food defeats the purpose of healthy eating

Take the genetically modified,anti biotics pumped chickens and corn fed diseased cows for e.g Vs organic corn fed chicken and grass fed cows and the difference in quality is vast.

Technically they are the same food source but the former is literally poison

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I disagree breh. Eating low quality food defeats the purpose of healthy eating

Take the genetically modified,anti biotics pumped chickens and corn fed diseased cows for e.g Vs organic corn fed chicken and grass fed cows and the difference in quality is vast.

Technically they are the same food source but the former is literally poison
I actually included a bit of grace for that, as I only eat grass fed beef if its an option and organic chicken. Occasionally things like bison or venison as well which are better than your supermarket trash beef. If one is willing to bulk cook and doesn't have significant allergies or conditions like diabetes to manage, its always possible to squeeze the higher quality stuff in there.

Caveat: even for the faults of the lower quality stuff, fresh beef is still better than eating prepackaged ramen and McDonalds when you are hungry.

That said, if you have a family to feed, eating healthy can also be a stretch, but for one person, you have to be destitute to not find options within the margins. For instance, unrefined avocado oil is NOT a necessity for good health. There is a long line of choices between that avocado oil and trash refined vegetable oils only good for frying.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The food Inc documentary was a real eye opener
That's why I'm getting a farm. fukk the hoes that's why I'm overseas it's way easier and cheaper to get a farm and sustanable living.

The industrial food industry and factory farms with animals pumped up with roids and forever chemicals makes us unhealthy even if you eat right.