I can't download shyt on my computer without getting an error

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Could be anything. Problem with computers is there's so many moving parts it could be anything.
You can't reset so your windows installation seems messed up. Copy your stuff off your OS drive and just reinstall. You could drive yourself nuts for who knows trying to figure it out or just bite the bullet and reinstall.

Have you installed anything recently? Big or small anything could cause a conflict. Some small program blue screened my MacBook Pro once. If you have, try uninstalling things one by one. Maybe you have virus which leads is back to reinstalling.
You see, I don't want to get a new Windows installation from Msoft because I don't want that permanent watermark or to pay to remove it. This computer came with a proper windows installation. So how would I go by reinstalling the cheapest & best way? or should I try to reset in safe mode?

You_Ugly_on_Skype

#LurkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LurkSet #LurkLife
You see, I don't want to get a new Windows installation from Msoft because I don't want that permanent watermark or to pay to remove it. This computer came with a proper windows installation. So how would I go by reinstalling the cheapest & best way? or should I try to reset in safe mode?

Seems like you may have a bad hard drive with bad sectors and corrupt data since you have trouble downloading anything/writing new data to your drive. A fresh install may not fully fix the problem and if a fresh install does appear fixes the problem, it will be temporary and the issue will come back after a while as the drive space gets used up.

So try running a chkdsk /r as an administrator/in an elevated command prompt. This will try to recover/repair corrupt data and mark the bad sectors of the hard drive so that data will not be written to the bad parts of the drive again.

chkdsk

If the chkdsk finds the hard drive to be un-repairable, you will need to get a new hard drive and reinstall Windows anyway.

Don’t worry about having to buy Windows again. Microsoft keeps a database with the unique identifier of every computer that has a legitimate copy of Windows installed. So when you reinstall Windows it is automatically activated or if you click, the “activate Windows” button, it will reach out to the Microsoft database, check the unique identifier, then activate Windows. It has been this way since Windows 7.

Be aware that the unique identifier can change if you change multiple components or a major component like the motherboard, etc. thus rendering your Windows activation key/license invalid, and a new license will have to be purchased. Hard drives are excluded from this category so changing it will not affect your Windows license and you should be able to reinstall Windows from the recovery partition or from a “vanilla” ISO download from Microsoft placed on a bootable USB drive without any activation issues.

The Plug

Daps
Seems like you may have a bad hard drive with bad sectors and corrupt data since you have trouble downloading anything/writing new data to your drive. A fresh install may not fully fix the problem and if a fresh install does appear fixes the problem, it will be temporary and the issue will come back after a while as the drive space gets used up.

So try running a chkdsk /r as an administrator/in an elevated command prompt. This will try to recover/repair corrupt data and mark the bad sectors of the hard drive so that data will not be written to the bad parts of the drive again.

chkdsk

If the chkdsk finds the hard drive to be un-repairable, you will need to get a new hard drive and reinstall Windows anyway.

Don’t worry about having to buy Windows again. Microsoft keeps a database with the unique identifier of every computer that has a legitimate copy of Windows installed. So when you reinstall Windows it is automatically activated or if you click, the “activate Windows” button, it will reach out to the Microsoft database, check the unique identifier, then activate Windows. It has been this way since Windows 7.

Be aware that the unique identifier can change if you change multiple components or a major component like the motherboard, etc. thus rendering your Windows activation key/license invalid, and a new license will have to be purchased. Hard drives are excluded from this category so changing it will not affect your Windows license and you should be able to reinstall Windows from the recovery partition or from a “vanilla” ISO download from Microsoft placed on a bootable USB drive without any activation issues.
It says my file system is NTFS and can't be locked to current drive.

You_Ugly_on_Skype

#LurkSet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LurkSet #LurkLife
It says my file system is NTFS and can't be locked to current drive.

As @JerkPork mentioned its possible that it may be a firewall and/or antivirus issue. Have you tried disabling your antivirus and or firewall before going the rout of reinstalling Windows? Or creating a whitelist for the applications that you are trying to down?

Click start then start typing cmd
On the command prompt application shows up in the search results right click on it and she was run as administrator.

type CHKDSK /x /r then press enter/return

The /x should dismount the drive and let the CHKDSK run within windows. Another option would be to run the CHKDSK /r in the admin command prompt; you will get the same error you mentioned above but choose the option to run at next boot/starter

Last edited:

The Plug

Daps
As @JerkPork mentioned its possible that it may be a firewall and/or antivirus issue. Have you tried disabling your antivirus and or firewall before going the rout of reinstalling Windows? Or creating a whitelist for the applications that you are trying to down?

Click start then start typing cmd
On the command prompt application shows up in the search results right click on it and she was run as administrator.

type CHKDSK /x /r then press enter/return

The /x should dismount the drive and let the CHKDSK run within windows. Another option would be to run the CHKDSK /r in the admin command prompt; you will get the same error you mentioned above but choose the option to run at next boot/starter
I don't have anti-virus and I already turned off my firewall to try it. The good thing is that I just used Norton VPN and the shyt works with no errors. Maybe my internet provider is fukking with me because I pirated shyt a year ago.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
I don't have anti-virus and I already turned off my firewall to try it. The good thing is that I just used Norton VPN and the shyt works with no errors. Maybe my internet provider is fukking with me because I pirated shyt a year ago.

either hard reset your router or reset your internet connections Pearson Support