I can squat my own weight? Get AT ME??!

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Your arms shouldn't even be used at all except to balance the bar,I mainly use the webbing on my thumb and index to keep it balanced :yeshrug:

I don't think this is true either. If you're squatting heavy, pulling down on the bar can help you stabilize your back.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
I don't think this is true either. If you're squatting heavy, pulling down on the bar can help you stabilize your back.
I normally just use the ridges on my traps to keep bar stable when I'm squatting heavy,it's once I get towards the med of my set where I start grippin the shyt out of bar :russ:

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
Leg goals
hYTfDDN.jpg
:whoa: heh I ain't tryna get all like that breh that looks it would actually make him slower in some way.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Tried getting real heavy with my squats but kept getting this WEIRD burning sensation in my hip/groin area. Feels uncomfortable but isn't a shooting pain, it literally feels like you're on fire. Anyone ever had this experience too? Shyt is horrible

Yep........sorry, to tell you breh but you are fukked. This happened to me in late August and it has fukked me up still to this day.

Assuming your issue is the same as mine, you likely strained your hip adductor muscle.

Unfortunately, there is no treatment for a hip adductor strain and depending on the severity it can take anywhere from weeks to months to fully heal. My advice is to not do what I did.....I never rested. I would advise you take a month off from leg workouts. You may not want to hear that, but every time you work out your legs you are going to aggravate it.

I have continued squatting since my injury....but I stopped squating heavy. Switched to 15 rep weights. It has allowed me to feel safe when squatting, but it hasn't allowed my injury to heal.

On top of just the groin/hip pain alone, it has messed up my entire musculature on my right leg. Because of the injury, my body has been forced to compensate during everyday activies like walking and sitting in an office chair. Stress has spread to my hamstring and knee. Don't get me wrong, the pain/discomfort is incredibly minor, however it has been persistent for 4 months now and shows no signs of improvement.

I am basiclaly prevented from doing high intensitty activity that involves quick sideways movement. No basketball, no raquet sports.....shyt, honestly I can't even run in a straight line for more than a couple minutes without it becoming too uncomfortable.

I have finally bit the bullet and stopped doing any leg work for the last 2 weeks and I'm gonna hold off until the New Year. But after that I'm just gonna power through it. Yeah, its stupid, but there is no treatment so I aint gonna let it change my life.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
yeah :wow:
I started at 155 x10
Then i did 165 x 8

For my last one i was like fukk it i gotta try it I GOTS TOO
185 x 10 NIGGGA
:wow: long time coming!(just started squating like in July)
I'd have to see your squat form, no homo. I see a lot of lazy squats, i.e. depth is short.