I ain't racist...but so much whiteness on Amazon Prime Video :damn:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i've said it before, I'll say it again, if Amazon emailed me and said "you can have prime for a year for $5 cheaper but you can't access prime video" i'd accept, b/c i don't even get $5 worth of it over the year

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Amazon only has white starring shows thus far. It has been noted by people who work in the business, which is another reason some of their execs had to get the Camby.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I have Amazon Prime Video and I'm scrolling thru all these Prime originals shows and everything is just so...white. Literally every original show.

At least Netflix will have some shows by a Black comedian or a Black original show occasionally. Or some other race.

I mean, race doesn't define a good/bad show, but the attempt of representation of anyone else is just not there at all on Prime.

I mean I know tons of Black ppl use Amazon Prime

:hubie:
you've spent years building up a list for netfilx to cater your views too

start selecting and watching and voting on black shyt for a few weeks and amazon will look the same

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
I have Amazon Prime Video and I'm scrolling thru all these Prime originals shows and everything is just so...white. Literally every original show.

At least Netflix will have some shows by a Black comedian or a Black original show occasionally. Or some other race.

I mean, race doesn't define a good/bad show, but the attempt of representation of anyone else is just not there at all on Prime.

Amazon is still relatively new to the "originals" game so ofc they're going to cater to their primary consumer (whites) by showcasing series' they can "relate to". Remember, Prime Video was never really meant to be a solid streaming service. It started as more of an added bonus for Prime customers who initially signed up in order to get expedited shipping on goods without paying extra per purchase. And frankly it remains that way.

Alternatively, Netflix has been around for 20+ years and they've had time to gather extensive data on their audience. Having long since been a leader in rentals even prior to their streaming service, they have not only a much more diverse consumer base, but a better idea of what their consumers want.

Also, keep in mind a lot of shows/movies now are made AND THEN shopped around to different distributors. Netflix being more popular (and also more in-tune with their viewers) is obviously going to have an edge and more teams vying for their attention/distribution.

methodz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Bezos is a know racist and CIA troll

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps

Transparent :scust:

Red Oaks :scust:

That show with Ron Perlman :scust:

Bosch :scust:

Man in the High Castle :mjpls:

I actually liked some of Red Oaks, but most of their shows are just straight up trash