Hurricane Laura makes landfall in Cameron, Louisiana with winds of 150 mph

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
If it ain’t one thing it’s another :snoop:

Laura looking to head towards Alabama & Florida

TD 14 (which would eventually be Marco) will be headed towards Louisiana and Texas

115652_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

28911623.gif

114008_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

18931736.gif

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Has this ever happened before? I don’t know if it’s possible but I’m glad they aren’t merging together

Honestly I can't think of two storms making landfall in one region at the same time, if it did it must've happened before 1950, usually one storm would cancel the other out due to wind shear but the models are consistent with two Hurricanes in the Gulf early next week so we'll see.

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
a few days before the 15th anniversary of Katrina hitting the Gulf Coast too :wow::wow:

The 2020 season is also hyperactive just like the 2005.

These two storms have my attention not just because of the rarity of having two Hurricanes in the Gulf at the same time but the fact that the Gulf water is so hot right now and there's no shear in the gulf either, may be a matter of how strong they can get.

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Has this ever happened before? I don’t know if it’s possible but I’m glad they aren’t merging together

Fujiwhara Effect

When two hurricanes spinning in the same direction pass close enough to each other, they begin an intense dance around their common center. If one hurricane is a lot stronger than the other, the smaller one will orbit it and eventually come crashing into its vortex to be absorbed. Two storms closer in strength can gravitate towards each other until they reach a common point and merge, or merely spin each other around for a while before shooting off on their own paths. But often, the effect is additive when hurricanes come together — we usually end up with one massive storm instead of two smaller ones.