Huawei has replaced Apple as the #2 phone maker?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They been ahead of Apple since last year.

Right now Huawei is selling over 200 million phones a year and still growing like crazy. It's very possible they will surpass Samsung in the next year(or possibly this year) since Samsung has been on a downhill from the low-end market.

There's a reason why the US government is hellbent in banning Huawei products the past couple months. Huawei represents a threat that China's innovations could be leveraged into its foreign policy that can undermine the US's global influence.

Start making our shyt stateside again the. They wanted a global economy .... Now look

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
They been ahead of Apple since last year.

Right now Huawei is selling over 200 million phones a year and still growing like crazy. It's very possible they will surpass Samsung in the next year(or possibly this year) since Samsung has been on a downhill from the low-end market.

There's a reason why the US government is hellbent in banning Huawei products the past couple months. Huawei represents a threat that China's innovations could be leveraged into its foreign policy that can undermine the US's global influence.
Make that "the past couple YEARS".
I had a few college professors that were teaching part time and worked for the government full time in the IT field and according to them, The US government's stance is that Huawei is banned from government facility's infrastructure solely on the fact that they don't trust China. Nothing to do with "China's innovations". China isn't trusted from a network security stand point.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
They need to transition away from selling cell phones altogether. It's like how Microsoft had to reinvent themselves from being a primarily Windows company. Apple is going to need to do that. There's no innovation left to be had in cell phones. It's all gimmicks now like notches and camera cutouts but nobody can really come up with anything meaningful to add to cell phones because there's not much left to add.
This 100%.
Every time I see one of these "Apple is dying" threads I ask myself "what more do these people want their phones to do at this point?"
Every phone, from every single company coming out today boasts the same things:
Nicer screen
Better camera
Faster performance
There is nothing "new" about any of these phones.
At this point, the only thing that would impress me is a phone that looks amazing while being so durable that it doesn't need a case.
It sucks that they make these really good looking phones and we end up having to throw an ugly case over it because the build materials are so fragile.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
This 100%.
Every time I see one of these "Apple is dying" threads I ask myself "what more do these people want their phones to do at this point?"
Nicer screen
Better camera
Faster performance
At this point, the only thing that would impress me is a phone that looks amazing while being so durable that it doesn't need a case.
It sucks that they make these really good looking phones and we end up having to throw an ugly case over it because the build materials are so fragile.

Essential phone is titanium

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
This 100%.
Nicer screen
Better camera
Faster performance

Moto X or something is breakproof. My brother has it and he be slamming the shyt outta it just to mess with ppls heads

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This 100%.
Nicer screen
Better camera
Faster performance
The best I can come up with is several day battery life on a single charge. Outside of that there's not much more we can ask of from a phone.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They need to transition away from selling cell phones altogether. It's like how Microsoft had to reinvent themselves from being a primarily Windows company. Apple is going to need to do that. There's no innovation left to be had in cell phones. It's all gimmicks now like notches and camera cutouts but nobody can really come up with anything meaningful to add to cell phones because there's not much left to add.

My phone gives head :mjgrin:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
They have the most advanced telecomm equipment in the world, which many governments around the world use. They're also far ahead in the progress of 5G development than any US company is.
You didn’t answer my question. I knew the respons was going to be a generic copy paste. I’m looking for exact shyt like patents, inventions, etc. what exactly are they putting in cellphones that are innovative.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how are the android wifi tablets.. in the market for one might consider huwaei since its not a phone

any reccomendations