Is it dangerous everywhere?

What's life like brehs

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Is it better than Houston? I've been thinking about moving up there after I'm done with my degree.

big city living that won't break the bank. houston is spread out. its not like that here. the winters here are a bytch tho. however, it was very mild this winter. we really only got snow like 3 or 4 times total.

ya'll know that "dangerous" talk is mostly :duck:

Trouble

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Only problem here is the winters. If you mind your business and stay out of unsafe neighborhoods you'll be fine

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
that's still one place i have yet to visit. i've been through there but never actually visited...

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
winter time? get you a sufficient coat to avoid that hawk

summer time? get you a sufficient vest to avoid :deadrose:

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
I was born n raised on da soufside, but once i left for college i aint really "lived" there since tho. shyt I aint been back home in dam near 6 years. But i miss da summers. Gettin on da Metra and goin downtown. Shed Aquarium, Field Museum, walkin on da shore, Fox's Pizza, Taste of Chicago. Think imma have to make a trip back dis summa.:sadbron:

Growin up there during the 90s-early 2000s was da best. Rangin from dem old skool looney tune towel jackets, spray painted jodeci boots, foot workin, to crashin other high school mixers n shyt. Chi heads know bout dem thangs. :laugh::yes:

mtg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Moved up there when I was doing second city great city but winters are a bytch. Other than that everythings good, like it better than new york and LA

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
that's still one place i have yet to visit. i've been through there but never actually visited...

You'd definitely like it if you didn't grow up here. People that grew up here are hit and miss on it, but I love my city. Nothing like Chi in the summer, after our winters it feels like you earned them.... I even got a lick where i get rooms downtown in the summer when I want to get away, stay on Michigan or close to it and spend the day stopping at bars, eating, and looking at the women that are EVERYWHERE shopping or working out. I got a girl nowm so she goes with me usually, but back in the day :ahh:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
All my fam is in the Chi and I lived there off and own growing up even spending 2 years of high school up there. I live in Jacksonville, Fl now and I miss the big city :ahh:

The Chi has long brutal winters but hot ass summers.

It is dangerous IF you are on some bullshyt. Everyone of my fam or friends that has passed away has because of gang related activity. If you not on no gangsta shyt, then you will be fine. I survived fine in the heart of the southside and I was a neutron. But all my fam is some stones, so I was straight :smugfavre:

shyt is mad expensive, especially housing. You can rent a whole fukking house down south for what you would pay for a two bedroom apt in the Chi

You don't need a car. The public transportation is more than adequate if you choose to take that route

City has a fast paced vibe

Some of the greatest food in the world

i wouldn't rate the quality of females that high, compared to other places I have lived. The big city to dime-piece ratio is out of wack

Summertime block parties in the hood :noah:

Harold's with mild sauce :noah:

Half off Whitesox tickets on Monday home games (if they still do that) :noah: