Hip Hop
Killer Mike - RAP
El-P
Spitta
Stalley
Wiz
Ab Soul
Schoolboy Q

Its been a smooth half year imo....if it keeps going, itll be better than last year.

Turenne

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ireland
Real nice - Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Killer Mike, Clear Soul Forces, EL-P, Stalley, K.R.I.T. (x2), Curren$y, Quakers, Ka, Gangrene, Casey Veggies and Large Professor all released good to excellent projects so far. There is a load of other stuff I downloaded but haven't gotten round to listening to yet.

Problem isn't with the genre - when compared to other genres in 2012, Hip-Hop more then stands on its own two feet - but with the fans. In my Euro-CAC opinion, which everyone is going to ignore but whatever, Hip-Hop fans were spoiled as fukk with the last 80s to early-mid 90s. Unlike electronic or rock fans, too many of these genres fans remember the golden age of Hip-Hop because it was so recent, and so people feel the need to compare everything now to everything they experienced when they were young. New NY rappers are compared to Nas or Jay-Z, new Southern artists are compared to OutKast or UGK etc.

This only really happens in Hip-Hop - think about it, when did you last hear a electronic fan disowning the genre because no one is as good as Kraftwerk or Brian Eno? Or a rock fan saying fukk the genre because the Beatles or the Kinks or the Stones aren't together anymore? Yet you get that kind of shyt constantly with Hip-Hop fans, who expect dozens upon dozens of incredible albums a year like its 94 all over again. Every genre has a golden age, its retarded to expect it to continue forever.

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
holy shyt i forgot about Large Pro...he mightve dropped a classic breh

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Real nice - Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Killer Mike, Clear Soul Forces, EL-P, Stalley, K.R.I.T. (x2), Curren$y, Quakers, Ka, Gangrene, Casey Veggies and Large Professor all released good to excellent projects so far. There is a load of other stuff I downloaded but haven't gotten round to listening to yet.

Problem isn't with the genre - when compared to other genres in 2012, Hip-Hop more then stands on its own two feet - but with the fans. In my Euro-CAC opinion, which everyone is going to ignore but whatever, Hip-Hop fans were spoiled as fukk with the last 80s to early-mid 90s. Unlike electronic or rock fans, too many of these genres fans remember the golden age of Hip-Hop because it was so recent, and so people feel the need to compare everything now to everything they experienced when they were young. New NY rappers are compared to Nas or Jay-Z, new Southern artists are compared to OutKast or UGK etc.

This only really happens in Hip-Hop - think about it, when did you last hear a electronic fan disowning the genre because no one is as good as Kraftwerk or Brian Eno? Or a rock fan saying fukk the genre because the Beatles or the Kinks or the Stones aren't together anymore? Yet you get that kind of shyt constantly with Hip-Hop fans, who expect dozens upon dozens of incredible albums a year like its 94 all over again. Every genre has a golden age, its retarded to expect it to continue forever.

:ohhh:

Turenne

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ireland
holy shyt i forgot about Large Pro...he mightve dropped a classic breh

The production is serious, Large Pro still has it. MC'ing is alright, although I kind of wished he had someone else on the mic, like Styles P or someone.

Also, this Honors English LP is pretty nice, although I find something slightly off-putting about his vocals.

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
The music this year been pretty dope some far :dj2:

Still a few more I'm waiting for

Black Thunder

Largest Back In The World
Daps

bullshyt, rock fans shytted all over that nu-metal movement, shyt all over fakkit bands like good charlotte and linkin park

go to any older rock video of black sabbath or metallica or pantera and see how many comments say something to the effect of "man this is when rock was good"

the entertainment industry as a whole sucks today

every other movie or tv show is a fukking remake of some shyt that was out 20 - 30 years ago

"reality" shows are probably the worst thing to hit television since rob schneider

Turenne

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ireland
bullshyt, rock fans shytted all over that nu-metal movement, shyt all over fakkit bands like good charlotte and linkin park

go to any older rock video of black sabbath or metallica or pantera and see how many comments say something to the effect of "man this is when rock was good"

...right, but they do it nowhere near to the same extent Hip-Hop fans do. Also, Linkin Park deserve to be shytted on, and there is a difference between shytting on one particular artist and dismissing an entire genre.

Turenne

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ireland
every other movie or tv show is a fukking remake of some shyt that was out 20 - 30 years ago

"reality" shows are probably the worst thing to hit television since rob schneider

Hollywood has gone to shyt, no doubt. No great American directors around anymore. TV was always 99% shyt though, so things haven't changed in that regard.