Howard the Duck is really awful...

Flychologist

All Star
Daps
Saw it on blue ray for like 5 dollars like a month ago and grabbed it just off of the nostalgia. I got home and popped it in and saw it with adult eyes and realized how terrible of a movie it really was. The whole plot and concept was so ridiculous that it could only have been greenlit in the cocaine fueled 80's

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Me and the chef at work, were talking about this yesterday.

Watched this a lot as a kid, have never seen it as an adult, and i probably wont.

Lea Thompson was nice.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yea I refuse to watch this again now. I don't want it to be ruined with adult eyes. I remember that scene even back then being weird to me but I never thought about it too much. I remember Jeffrey Jones turning into that cockroach looking alien thing and Lea Thompson looking amazing and I just want to leave it that way. George Lucas is a haaaack.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I’m watching it for the first time and I’m enjoying it. There’s some funny stuff. Duck t*ts. :heh:

George Lucas pushed it (Which I didn’t know). :manny:

Edit: finished the film. It’s cheesy at times, but there’s funny moments.

Last edited:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
That scene with him and Beverly did always make cringe as a kid but I still loved the movie.

I like that song the Cherry Bombs did, “Don’t Walk Away”

It’s got a real 80s singer/songwriter vibe and the bridge to the hook, I like the colors and the change in tone.

Aside from that, now that I’m older, I’m catching all the lines. It really wasn’t a kids movie when you think about it but it was destined to attract kids.