How would you handle having a transgender child

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm a pretty tolerant guy, but I honestly believe that transgenders have a mental illness.

I would be torn between wanting to support my child, but also trying to get them some kind of help.

I think that's a tough position for any parent to be in.

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
personally id try to help my child understand who he/she is as a person. and continue to love them no matter what, once they grown if they wanna have surgery n have hormones they can as they wish.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Let's keep it funky, most of you are not going to disown a child that is transgender. I think the key is at what are we talking about this happening, if it's pre-puberty, I would suggest therapy and psychological counseling. After puberty (16-18), I'd do the same thing and suggest safe alternatives (hormone therapy or something) if they want to be different. But my child is my child and I will support him/her but what I won't do is force it (to be the original sex or change it), I think that does more damage than anything. And I won't suggest any surgery or anything like that because some TG decide to live their lives out as their original gender later in life.

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Honestly I don't know what I would do but I would never disown my own child. I approach issues with love more than anything else, and I'd help my child through whatever difficulties they may have.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Some of yall talking bout u wouldn't have a trans child like life can't sneak up and throw yo ass a curveball
:ufdup: