How will Joe Biden GOVERN? General Biden Administration F**kery Thread

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps

bischoffwow-gif.4727

King Kreole

Daps
No issues with Yellen. Progressives shouldn't have an issue with it either.
It was pretty obvious this was going to be the choice for weeks now. Yellen wasn't the worst choice on the table, but she wasn't the best either. I see why she would make moderates happy, but I'm not sure why progressives should be happy about this choice.

:ld:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It was pretty obvious this was going to be the choice for weeks now. Yellen wasn't the worst choice on the table, but she wasn't the best either. I see why she would make moderates happy, but I'm not sure why progressives should be happy about this choice.

:ld:

One reason being she supports policy on climate change and emissions. Picking someone that would go after Wall Street was a pipedream and will never happen as long as America is still America.

King Kreole

Daps
So far I'm not seeing a single new voice that represents the burgeoning left-wing of the party. This isn't a team representing the party's new ideological diversity. It's basically just a redux of the Obama Administration minus some of the absolute worst shytbirds...which is basically what Biden ran on and said he would do, so can't really fault him for that!

Welp. I sincerely hope these people have spent their time out of power learning from the deep, foundational mistakes they made the last time they were in charge that brought us to this point, and are more amenable to outsider perspectives that were previously shunned. God help us all.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So far I'm not seeing a single new voice that represents the burgeoning left-wing of the party. This isn't a team representing the party's new ideological diversity. It's basically just a redux of the Obama Administration minus some of the absolute worst shytbirds...which is basically what Biden ran on and said he would do, so can't really fault him for that!

Welp. I sincerely hope these people have spent their time out of power learning from the deep, foundational mistakes they made the last time they were in charge that brought us to this point, and are more amenable to outsider perspectives that were previously shunned. God help us all.

Did you not see some of the policy that is already being drafted such as transfer of land to black farmers? That's a bill drafted by Booker/Warren/Gillibrand that would never ever ever have a chance of passing in a GOP controlled government.

It's steps like those that show the party has an appetite for change if the votes are there. It's not coming from some new wing of the Senate or House, these are well known Senators.

King Kreole

Daps
Did you not see some of the policy that is already being drafted such as transfer of land to black farmers? That's a bill drafted by Booker/Warren/Gillibrand that would never ever ever have a chance of passing in a GOP controlled government.

It's steps like those that show the party has an appetite for change if the votes are there. It's not coming from some new wing of the Senate or House, these are well known Senators.
I think the "Party" (which includes Senators, Congresspeople, activists, organizations, etc) has introduced a wide variety of new policy ideas, what I'm saying is the Biden Administration so far doesn't appear to be interested in reflecting that new breadth of ideological activity in its appointments. None of the Senators you named will be serving in the administration. Anthony Blinken, Janet Yellen, John Kerry, Michele Flournoy (probably), Avril Haines, Jake Sullivan, are all Obama-era retreads, none of which are on the leading edge of the policy discourse around new ideas. The hope is that they will be forced to change their mind by the environment changing (aka activists pressuring them), but it will be an uphill battle because they're not leaders and Biden has already proven himself to be a relationship-style executive who values the input of the people around him more than the broader, grassroots activity that come from outside of his inner circle. This is an ideologically moderate cabinet, which is in hindsight the icing out of progressives that should have been expecting from Biden all along.

Last edited: