How was Street Fighter X Tekken?

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
This game kinda passed me by for whatever reason.

Always wondered if it was up to much. I never hear people talk about this game now, Feels like it never happened.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I never got a chance to play it and I love Tekken and Streetfighter.

shyt does feel like it came and went.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They got Akuma in Tekken 7 already

They got Geese Howard to, I think they should do with the SNK characters, I think they will translate better into tekken than street fighter cast outside of the shotos, and grapplers

Hmm i thought the shotos would be the bigger problem

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SFxTk was like the 3rd strike of the era.

To add on to that

It launched with the promise of dlc, and paid content to buy for casual players at a time where DLC was being crucified
Then it was found out that dlc was on the disc. It caused such a big blow back that I think most companies just stop putting dlc on disc at all from that point on.
The gameplay was good but the damage was too low and timer to short so competitively the game ended up being a snooze fest earlier on (even tho the problem was no one knew optimal combo's yet)

Then the update came out and fixed a ton of stuff but the casual crowd and media outlets had already branded it a evil game they won't support and people shouldn't support.

Fast Forward to like 2019 and people fell in love with the game all over again and how it was actually good but didn't get a fair chance.

I believe it still sold pretty well, but it was a huge black eye for capcom

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
It was an eye sore. Looked like a beta version of Super Street Fighter 4 at the time.

Apparently the game was done well after an update but people were already soured after they botched the launch of this game.

You can trace a line from this game to MVCI and SF5 as to why Ono got tossed from Capcom. The same formula to stifle fighting game fans in these games and subsequent editions.

Good riddance.

:hhh:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The game flopped because there was a huge controversy about the game having DLC on the disc and making us pay for content that was already done and locked behind a paywall. People also hated the gem system.

My personal opinion was that the game wad fun but it suffered from the Tekken Tag mechanics in it like 2 fighters with a shared lifebar and tag in-tag out combos. If the game played more like CvS and was a straight up fighter with individual healthbars it would have been a better game.