How To Train Your Dragon 2 Thread

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
just got done watching the second and it is sooooo much better than the first. great pacing and backstory. won't spoil, but there was an emotional twist i didn't see coming...

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
seriously, you guys need to watch this. this ain't your typical cookie cutter childrens movie. this movie is more so aimed towards teens and young adults as the characters from the first movie are all grown up. a lot of action, comedy a very emotional moment that made me shed manly tears breh. best animated movie since toy story 3 imo

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Loved the first movie. Saw this last night and loved this one even more. I love these 3d animated movies anyway cuz I think this is something I eventually want to do. The visuals and designs were stunning. Wonder if we're gonna get a third film.

|r|e|a|d|

Hail!!
Daps
Reppin
PJ's to the Burbs
My son is 5 and can finally sit thru a whole flick, I'm glad i took him cuz i enjoyed it. He was feeling it with all the dragons and the villan. I thought it was solid. We both liked it better than spiderman. Next joint on the daddy &me summer movie tour ... Transformers.

The 3D was sick;. Sidebar: its amazing how far that tech has come in just a few years.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
got dragged to it when i was on vacation..and it was in spanish so i didn't understand 97% of it..and i still loved it. :wow:

the action was beautiful. much better than the first(which i actually just finished a few minutes ago)

there was a lion king like twist in there near the end that i didnt expect.. someone was right dreamworks is the new disney

it's not doing that great at the box office.. i mean its doing well but its not putting up frozen #s and doesn't seem to have the buzz.. could have legs though

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I liked this well enough, just not as much as the first.

I struggled to really connect or care about anything during the first half of the movie. The reveal of his mother was handled exceptionally well, but I still didn't care about their relationship at all :yeshrug:

When Drago showed up things really picked up for me. His squad, the attack sequences and the alphas appearance were awesome. Even though I have NO IDEA how he was controlling the alpha lol....just waved his staff around and made loud, awkward guttural noises :heh:

But except for the AWFUL way they allowed Hiccup to "break" Toothless' brainwashing, it was damn great from then on.

I think the movie had a difficult time overall finding a balance between being a kids movie and catering to adults. It's incredibly dark and has a very serious tone for a kids animated film. At the same time, very little of the "kiddie" jokes appealed to me at all. I found most of the attempts at humor bland at best.

7/10

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just saw this movie :lawd:
It was even better than the first one:ohlawd:
This movie is up there with the GOAT animated movies breh:banderas:
The way they developed everything 5 years from the first movie was just so good:whew:

They fukking killed Stoic though:mjcry:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I just got done seeing this movie. I never saw the 1st one and only saw this one cuz everyone that's seen it says is the best animated movie of the year. I was was shocked when the dad died. Parents dying in children movies are very common, but I surely didn't expect them to have the death of a dad come from one of the protagonists. Good movie overall.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just got done seeing this movie. I never saw the 1st one and only saw this one cuz everyone that's seen it says is the best animated movie of the year. I was was shocked when the dad died. Parents dying in children movies are very common, but I surely didn't expect them to have the death of a dad come from one of the protagonists. Good movie overall.
Which film do you think was better Big Hero 6 or Train Your Dragon 2:patrice:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Which film do you think was better Big Hero 6 or Train Your Dragon 2:patrice:
I enjoyed Big Hero 6 more, but Train Your Dragon 2 had the better story. It's kinda like The Dark Knight vs. The Avengers. TDK had the better story, but The Avengers is more fun to watch.