How to tell people you don't celebrate any holidays?

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
....you mad that people are giving you gifts on Holidays?

And you made a thread on the Coli about it?

Man, chuck them gifts in the closet like everybody else or give them to somebody...you complaining just to complain, now.

:francis:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all really don’t be knowing how to communicate offline :dead:

Just tell them. If they send you a gift send it back or explain they shouldn’t expect nothing in return due to your stance.

At this big age we should not be tip toeing around something so simple lol

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
Been there, done that.

Honestly, most people can't comprehend 'not celebrating any holiday', so even getting an opportunity to explain your stance will be futile.

So I've had to realize that someone else celebrating their holiday and getting me a gift doesn't mean I'm celebrating. However If I were to get them a gift, that would be the contradiction.

If someone gives you grief about not gift giving or non attendance of holiday events you gotta let it go and be at peace with your decision without need to explain your view.
oh, you mean like proven throughout this whole fukn thread? :martin:

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
Tell em you a jehovahs witness
i've actually tried that and it made things much worse. They started pressing me and was in disbelief about such a choice :mjlol:
I fell back wit the quickness like :whoa:
Just tell them :dahell:
Are you an adult? :what:
Be direct:ufdup:
Say Thanks, but no thanks :hubie:
It's not hard :dwillhuh:
Y’all really don’t be knowing how to communicate offline :dead:

Just tell them. If they send you a gift send it back or explain they shouldn’t expect nothing in return due to your stance.

At this big age we should not be tip toeing around something so simple lol
Dumbasses with 0 reading comprehension always show up in threads :unimpressed:
People never respect this belief no matter how much you tell them (birthdays included). People still buy you shyt and I'm wondering if it's best to just send it back and start refusing gifts and be more serious about it now.

You don’t have to tell people you’re a loser they can see it
Just like we can all see how you're a loser here labeled the WOAT with that banner and people "gift" you plenty neg rep. Projection :unimpressed:

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
honestly thats disrespectful; the right thing to do would be accept it and then you donate it yourself.

its a corny but true cliche "its the thought that counts"

I feel like adults should be forced to watch kids movies every now and then :russ:

sometimes adults need a reminder on life lessons and meanings ; age gets us caught up in all the wrong things.
then i'd have to tell ppl to only give me money, and that also seems disrespectful when they know i'm not wanting for it. like what else are they supposed to give me, they can't get me shyt for my house cause i live so spartan, they can't buy me hobby shyt cause the only things i want are unobtanium, i'd refuse random tchotchkes cause i don't wanna be part of the vicious cycle of buying disposable plastic shyt only to send it to the landfill where it pollutes the earth for the next thousand years... now that i think about i do enjoy handmade gifts/snacks tho, or even just a day spent with them. :smile:

and i feel like i take away the wrong lessons from kids' movies, even when i saw the lion king for the first time i remember thinking mustafa was a hoe cause he couldn't see the signs of betrayal... what i learned from it was to do unto others before it's done unto yourself :lolbron: