How to tell people you don't celebrate any holidays?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
i'm impossible to buy gifts for and tell ppl to donate to my fav charities instead :manny:

honestly thats disrespectful; the right thing to do would be accept it and then you donate it yourself.

its a corny but true cliche "its the thought that counts"

I feel like adults should be forced to watch kids movies every now and then :russ:

sometimes adults need a reminder on life lessons and meanings ; age gets us caught up in all the wrong things.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
People never respect this belief no matter how much you tell them (birthdays included). People still buy you shyt and I'm wondering if it's best to just send it back and start refusing gifts and be more serious about it now.
You donā€™t have to tell people youā€™re a loser they can see it

All Knowledge

Speak up...
Daps
Reppin
Belo Horizante
Been there, done that.

Honestly, most people can't comprehend 'not celebrating any holiday', so even getting an opportunity to explain your stance will be futile.

So I've had to realize that someone else celebrating their holiday and getting me a gift doesn't mean I'm celebrating. However If I were to get them a gift, that would be the contradiction.

If someone gives you grief about not gift giving or non attendance of holiday events you gotta let it go and be at peace with your decision without need to explain your view.