How To Bench Press With Proper Form

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
How important is arm strength in bench pressin. Also cld I get tips and lifts on developing my inner chest more, I already incorporate flies

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
Nah, arch in the back is cheating. Same with using your legs. That's just what people do to cheat their weight up [using other muscles]. You should only be pushing with your chest. Before you all call me a p*ssy my max bench right now is 325 lbs. and ever it was 385. I've never been injured.
If I were not not have any arch in my lower back, my whole upper back would be hovering several inches above the bench . My natural lying down position has an arch where a hand can go underneath. unless you have pancake glutes I dont see how you can have no arch lying down with legs on the floor :manny:

Daps
Reppin
midwest
Nah, arch in the back is cheating. Same with using your legs. That's just what people do to cheat their weight up [using other muscles]. You should only be pushing with your chest. Before you all call me a p*ssy my max bench right now is 325 lbs. and ever it was 385. I've never been injured.
I was just speaking from what I learned over the years from my coaches. I'm not here to try and argue with anyone I was just trying to offer helpful advice that other people seemed to appreciate. I hate when I post something positive and someone feels the need to come back super sideways for no reason. Here's some news for you, you're a person I've never met and probably won't ever meet in my life so your entire existence is insignificant to me.. so just imagine what your mere opinion means :skip: I could understand if I was always on here starting shyt and getting out of line but I'm not. I never go out of my way to speak negatively to anyone first so I feel I should get the same respect in return. :ufdup::camby:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps

just stop posting :camby:

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
I was just speaking from what I learned over the years from my coaches. I'm not here to try and argue with anyone I was just trying to offer helpful advice that other people seemed to appreciate. I hate when I post something positive and someone feels the need to come back super sideways for no reason. Here's some news for you, you're a person I've never met and probably won't ever meet in my life so your entire existence is insignificant to me.. so just imagine what your mere opinion means :skip: I could understand if I was always on here starting shyt and getting out of line but I'm not. I never go out of my way to speak negatively to anyone first so I feel I should get the same respect in return. :ufdup::camby:

How was my post negative? All I did was speak on the difference of opinion. All that leg and back shyt for bench is like using momentum to get a chin up.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
dude is a fakkit all over the forum

hypo666

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He forgot to add some crucial info.. like inhale on the way down and exhale on the way up. And keeping your feet square and flat on the floor with a slight arch in your back. I was a powerlifter throughout high school and college. one of the top 10 females in the state :jawalrus:

I never bother with the breathing stuff, because when I have tried I always forget to exhale up and inhale down, and end up strangling myself while benching.

I also do a slow negative (lowering the bar) to just below pecs until bar touches chest and normal speed when I push the bar up, full range of motion lock out arms at the top ,I was taught by a mr universe, he also tried to get me to do the breathing stuff, he gave up in the end. ..

At my gym we have competition level bodybuilders and powerlifters,it easier to see the difference in technique when they train.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps

Totally totally wrong

Plus the guy in the video is pretty wrong too

If you want to know how to bench, a very good video is here from Mark Bell:

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
Totally totally wrong

Plus the guy in the video is pretty wrong too

If you want to know how to bench, a very good video is here from Mark Bell:

You're wrong. Bench press is a upper-body exercise, using your legs and arching your back is cheating.

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
Please just shut up if you have no idea of what you're taking about.

Nice comeback. I could say the same but when I say it it actually means something. fukk outta here, you're the guy who cheats to push bigger weight.

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores

To amplify my disgust at your absurd wayward Bro-like logic here's my AVI compounded;

8z5i6d.jpg

I'm genuinely curious to see what that ROM is looking like on them BP 300+ reps you apparently flexing???? :sas1:

Let me guess everyday is bench & arms day for ya huh :sas2:

Last edited:

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
bench 190
Squat 350
dead 375

^^^^ :whoo: I bet you got Glutes for dayzzzzzzzz missy :datazz:

Flirtatious imagination aside, those numbers are simply :leon:......... if that's your barbell accolades for real then I officially declare you the Coli Barbell Queen :myman:

Last edited: