How soon until the Linux OS crush Microsoft Windows OS and Apple iOS buildings?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
They need to figure out a way for the casuals to install it easy on their existing android phones.

I will install ubuntu on all of my android phones if given the chance.

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
people have been waiting for the year of the Linux desktop for decades, brother :to:

keep hope alive :sadcam:

there are still too many programs linux don't support that I use. I've had unbutu twice, the last being 2010. I liked it but I always switched back to windows because of programs I couldn't use.

What programs are you talking about? There are suitable alternatives for nearly every program you would ever need. There's even Steam for linux if you're a gamer now. :wow:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
ya something i dont get how come there isn't a Linux desktop or laptop being sold ? If its that much better,popular,easier to use etc than IOS/MS

shyt you even got laptops run anroid chrome os you can buy

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:childplease:

Shut the fukk up you Apple dikk sucker. The point is the Linux OS is gaining a lot of popularity among pc users. As some of the OS main distro's continue to build and release free versions of their user-friendly platform's, more and more people are going to migrate. Linux is a OPEN SOURCE nikka, you don't think these nikkas ain't bout to have Microsoft and Apple sweatin? I bet you was saying the same thing a couple years ago before Android took over the phone market too, huh? Same shyt about to happen in the PC market. Just wait until a major distributor get behind Linux and start releasing computers with it as it's base OS.

i just put mint on a laptop

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Shut the fukk up you Apple dikk sucker. The point is the Linux OS is gaining a lot of popularity among pc users. As some of the OS main distro's continue to build and release free versions of their user-friendly platform's, more and more people are going to migrate. Linux is a OPEN SOURCE nikka, you don't think these nikkas ain't bout to have Microsoft and Apple sweatin? I bet you was saying the same thing a couple years ago before Android took over the phone market too, huh? Same shyt about to happen in the PC market. Just wait until a major distributor get behind Linux and start releasing computers with it as it's base OS.

i just put mint on a laptop[/QUOTE]
howd you even find this thread :dwillhuh:

its 6 years old :dwillhuh:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
:childplease:

Mac OS is built off UNIX not Linux...if you gonna should be accurate.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
i can see how some Mac people fukk with Linux after foolin around with this shyt for a little bit.:ehh:

:yeshrug:

Yeah you get used to Terminal and things like that...makes it pretty easy to switch between them. I used to manage a Linux server and I was able manage it natively in Mac OS..unlike bootleg ass Windows.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah you get used to Terminal and things like that...makes it pretty easy to switch between them. I used to manage a Linux server and I was able manage it natively in Mac OS..unlike bootleg ass Windows.
im tryin to get good at this shyt so i can make a clean break from windows. right now using Mint on a shyt HP laptop cuz im too scared to fukk up my real gear. once i master this shyt tho i aint even fukkin with the dual boot, windows gettin wiped off my main laptop completely.

Daps
I don't want it to take over or get significant marketshare . . . at least not on the desktop.

Linux user since the 1.3.X kernel days.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
im tryin to get good at this shyt so i can make a clean break from windows. right now using Mint on a shyt HP laptop cuz im too scared to fukk up my real gear. once i master this shyt tho i aint even fukkin with the dual boot, windows gettin wiped off my main laptop completely.

Yeah Windows 10 is ass...that Automatic Updates has been the bane of my existence.