How racist was that movie Passangers last year?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
this post is almost as big a waste of time as the movie
seeing as how you are inaccurate in your description

i would neg you but i see your rep has already been blasted to bolivia

Please cite where I was inaccurate white boy?

That shyt is exactly what happened. shyt was dumb and racist.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Breh he was a the captain, and he was gravely sick before they put him to sleep. The movie was garbage though, but not because of that.

IT was garbage because they didn't explain how 2 nobodies with no scientiifc backgrounds was able to figure out to fix one of the most complex machines known to man with former training or know how.......
Nobody's putting a terminally ill crewmember on a space ship. If anything he's the most valuable member of the crew, the ship would go into severe overdrive to save him.

Pratt is the Villain and there's shyt we weren't allowed to see. They should have had a scene where Pratt's the Evil version of GATTACA and Pratt's desire to leave Earth meant changing places with someone innocent and it was Pratt who was organ failing...

to make it that much more horrific when JLaw discovers the extent of his crimes in order to survive. Does she save Pratt anyway or does she face life alone or does she do what he did to someone else?

This whole movie is a wasted opportunity.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I think this conversation is going over your head. The writers CHOSE to write Fishbourne's character as being beyond saving and having every organ failing. This isn't about whether characters were racist, but why would a writer choose to make the only black character in the movie that sick and put him on a spaceship with so much responsilibility yet be beyond saving? Also, this movie falls within the classic magical negro trope, where a black character isn't given any in-depth characterization and just magically shows up to help the white protagonists survive, oh and he also dies and disappears just like the classic magical negro as well. This has been done before, and it's most certainly racist as hell.
Now that I can agree with. Better yet, can't disagree with.

The OP didn't do a good job of breaking it down. Making it seem like it was medically the same problem. Barring the machine having more organs on board, it wasn't going to save him.

But casting a black man as the one to take the fall, now that's Hollywood being Hollywood :mjpls:

trillanova

The Truth
Daps
OP is right. I felt some type of way the way they did him. This movie really is about preserving and advancing the white race above anyone else and using black people as a tool to do it.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn't laurance fishburn an a$$hole throughout the whole movie and died a grumpy old man.

Black people have always been the smart, mystical, mysterious figures in movies that serve to move the plot forward.

I guess the matrix is also racist by your logic because it has white guys in suits beating up a handcuffed laurance fishburn.

Passengers had issues but I don't think your complaint was one of them.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Wasn't laurance fishburn an a$$hole throughout the whole movie and died a grumpy old man.

Black people have always been the smart, mystical, mysterious figures in movies that serve to move the plot forward.

I guess the matrix is also racist by your logic because it has white guys in suits beating up a handcuffed laurance fishburn.

Passengers had issues but I don't think your complaint was one of them.
So you're saying it's ok for him to be a grumpy a$$hole (angry black man) but not an intelligent magical negroe?

Interesting :patrice: