How racist was that movie Passangers last year?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw that shyt on TV the other day. And the racism in it shocked me. Honestly it might be the most racist movie I've ever seen.

It starts off for 1.5 hrs being nothing more than a cac love drama in space. The movie has basically no plot. No meaning. It makes no sense other than two wack cacs having fun in an empty ship flying through space. Then all of a sudden they introduce Laurence Fishburne's character. He's given no intro. We're not given any background. We're given no reason to empathize with him. Then within 5 minutes of screen time he dies. Before he dies they have a chance to save him inside some advanced medical healing pod but they don't.

Later in the movie the cac lead dies in space but Jennifer Lawrence's character brings him back into the ship and puts him in the medical healing pod. And eventhough the pod declares him dead, she makes the machine do some reverse healing that brings a dead cac back to life. And just like that the two cac characters live happily ever after. But before the movie is finished they throw Laurence Fishburne's dead body into space.

I wouldn't have cared if they never had any black people in this movie. Essentially there wasn't any black person in the movie since Laurence Fishburne had such little screen time. But the fact his character was treated in such a menial almost non-human fashion was incredibly distributing. In fact, the movie treated Michael Sheen's android character with more humanity. Fishburne just shows up as some black guy with knowledge the white leads need then after he gives them the info he dies. The white man dies later in the movie as well but because he's white, he's brought back to life. And for good measure, rather than burying Laurence Fishburne's body in the forest this cac built in the space ship, they throw his ass into space.

Hollywood's racism knows no bounds.

...o3

...eye see messages in music
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
...i saw the previews online and didn't spot one person of color in any of the promo clips, but it was never on my radar to begin with.

usually in sci-fi flicks, they try to show you at least one p.o.c. in the promos to get the ethnic $$$, but history shows that they will kill said person off in the first ten minutes of the flick to stave off certain movie goers screaming "racism". they can always say, "hey, we put this black person in the film, so we're not racist."

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Later in the movie the cac lead dies in space but Jennifer Lawrence's character brings him back into the ship and puts him in the medical healing pod. And eventhough the pod declares him dead, she makes the machine do some reverse healing that brings a dead cac back to life. And just like that the two cac characters live happily ever after. But before the movie is finished they throw Laurence Fishburne's dead body into space.
:laff:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
...i saw the previews online and didn't spot one person of color in any of the promo clips, but it was never on my radar to begin with.

usually in sci-fi flicks, they try to show you at least one p.o.c. in the promos to get the ethnic $$$, but history shows that they will kill said person off in the first ten minutes of the flick to stave off certain movie goers screaming "racism". they can always say, "hey, we put this black person in the film, so we're not racist."

They used Laurence Fishburne in a similar fashion but instead of killing him in the first 10 minutes, they waited to introduce him near the end of the movie and killed him shortly after introducing him.

The shyt that bothered me was the lack of humanity shown to him. The white characters actually treated a white robot played by Michael Sheen with more respect throughout the entire movie.

Hollywood is just thinking of new ways to perpetuate racism in film.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I know. Sounds like some made up shyt but I promise you that is how the plot went.

The same medical pod that couldn't treat a non-dead Laurence Fishburne cause he had some diseases was able to treat a dead Chris Pratt and bring him back to life.

And for good measure they threw Laurence Fishburne's dead body out into space. I was like shyt if this machine can bring the dead back to life why not do it for Laurence. But I guess he didn't have the complextion necessary to be treated. :mjpls:

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Remember in Species when the white alien nymphomaniac chick wouldn't fukk the brother -- was visibly repulsed by him -- because he carried the sickle cell gene?

They did the same thing to Fishburne. Gave him 661 different deficiencies so the machine was pre-programmed not to treat him. How does that make sense? Why would they put someone on board who has engineering know how who the machines are pre-programmed not to treat? In a future so futuristic they can colonize planets on the regular?

The movie was racist.

The machine saving white boy Pratt's life was sickening. Why was he on the ship anyway? He had no special skills.

The racism supercedes the sexism, because even though he woke her up she had no problem living that life with him before the reveal and after the reveal.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remember in Species when the white alien nymphomaniac chick wouldn't fukk the brother -- was visibly repulsed by him -- because he carried the sickle cell gene?

They did the same thing to Fishburne. Gave him 661 different deficiencies so the machine was pre-programmed not to treat him. How does that make sense? Why would they put someone on board who has engineering know how who the machines are pre-programmed not to treat? In a future so futuristic they can colonize planets on the regular?

The movie was racist.

The machine saving white boy Pratt's life was sickening. Why was he on the ship anyway? He had no special skills.

The racism supercedes the sexism, because even though he woke her up she had no problem living that life with him before the reveal and after the reveal.

Yup. She made her choice to stay with him even after she found out he woke her. But they didn't give Laurence Fishburne no choice. They killed that nikka 5 minutes after introducing him and then didn't even have the decency to keep his body on the ship. I'm sure he had a family on ship. I'm sure they would have preferred to bury his remains in the new world they were going to so he could be remembered by his descendants. But nope. The cacs didn't want a black body around while they were having fun on the ship so they kicked that nikka out into space.

The symbolism around this movie was despicable.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only a cac would be shocked by a brotha dying 5 minutes into a movie. Real nikkas been knowing this since at least the 80's. :stopitslime:

You need to watch the movie. Its beyond the brotha dying right after he's introduced. They treat that dude with no respect worthy of a human. They discard his body like its trash off the ship. They also have a machine that can apparently bring white men back from the dead but can't treat a brotha with some diseases.

I'm used to the brotha being killed off first. I was just surprised at the extent they took it in this movie. It was worse than what Hollywood typically does.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They used Laurence Fishburne in a similar fashion but instead of killing him in the first 10 minutes, they waited to introduce him near the end of the movie and killed him shortly after introducing him.

The shyt that bothered me was the lack of humanity shown to him. The white characters actually treated a white robot played by Michael Sheen with more respect throughout the entire movie.

Hollywood is just thinking of new ways to perpetuate racism in film.

I saw the movie and dont see a minor character dying from the sickness of waking too early as racism. Fishburne just happened to have this minor role. Lawrence couldn't resurrect the dying;only those put back asleep. So she could never help Fisburne. Minor white characters die in the newest alien too. That does not equal racism.