How old is too old to be rocking jerseys ?

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Fukk this thread. nikkas think dressing “grown” is wearing 3 piece suits to go no where or rocking Stacy Adams lookin swagless af like ving rhames in baby boy

Black people always tryin to put shelf life on everything,stfu and I don’t even rock jeseys
shyts ridiculous breh. nikkas swear their wardrobe is nothing but GQ cover shyt. Grown ass men wear what the fukk they want. Unless you have a job or some shyt that requires you to dress up frequently, who gives a fukk? The avg dude should at least have a few things to wear to shyt like job interviews, weddings, funerals or even to step out. Other than that who cares?!

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
OK. I somewhat agree with you. I think older men dress what makes them feel comfortable. They aren't dressing specifically to attract women unless they are going to a function that has women.

Everyday attire, a man will wear whatever he wants and I agree that many men lose fashion sense over time. I also agree that some men will seek the opinion of a woman they are with or a woman working at a store for advice on what is appropriate, stylish, etc.

I think that some younger men don't understand that men in their 40s grew up listening to hiphop, r&b and pretty much are up on current events like their younger counterparts, so some of their attire will reflect the times in which they live.

Appearances and self esteem always play a part. How you look, how you dress, how you feel. If you keep your body looking right and take care of yourself, you don't have to try as hard in the wardrobe department. But it never hurts. Dressing well boosts confidence and it radiates around people you interact with.

On the flip side, if you're fat, your clothing options are :francis:. Shopping for shyt becomes mission impossible. You might find a dope shirt or a nice pair of pants/jeans, but they don't fit you.

Sweatpants and jerseys are sometimes the only option available.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Appearances and self esteem always play a part. How you look, how you dress, how you feel. If you keep your body looking right and take care of yourself, you don't have to try as hard in the wardrobe department. But it never hurts. Dressing well boosts confidence and it radiates around people you interact with.

On the flip side, if you're fat, your clothing options are :francis:. Shopping for shyt becomes mission impossible. You might find a dope shirt or a nice pair of pants/jeans, but they don't fit you.

Sweatpants and jerseys are sometimes the only option available.

I agree.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Im going on 27 in January and have a white collar occupation. I have a closet full of authentic NBA jerseys -- primarily throwbacks -- and I shamelessly wore the Pete Maravich throwback when running errands a couple of months ago because it was comfortable and I wanted to. I can count on one hand how often I've thrown a jersey on in the last 8 years as my style of dress changed as I grew older, but I don't knock the next man if he chooses to sport them. I think they're most fitting for casual events, but you can be rocking a damn white t shirt and cargo shorts in 10 degree weather and I still won't have the energy nor desire to care. So long as he's not showing up to a job interview in a Hardaway throwback, I can't see the issue.

Last edited:

Lamar Givens

Spitting truth you can’t handle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeshua
You know how dumb that logic sounds.

People rock other peoples names all the time... the shout them out even.

People brag about rocking another mans name (Jordans) on their feet. Name dropping is name dropping.

Unless you have a personal china man or china lady picking out fabrics, doing your measurements and sewing your wardrobe... shut the fukk up with that bullshyt :camby:.

Awe! A p*ssy fakkit got in his feelings. Keep wearing another nykka name on ya back. Make sure you cusp his balls too fukk nykka.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I bought in the last year a

:youngsabo: Authentic (wearing it Monday at piston game)

Bought 2 :childplease: authentics

One :sadbron: authentic

A Matthew Stafford Authentic:snoop:

Besides sporting events I’ll wear them to the movies or just out to the grocery store

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Better wearing a jersey than seeing dudes around that age tucking random t shirts in their jeans and shyt.,nikkas wearing a NASCAR 2012 race shirt tucked in some wranglers smh. Anyway dress how you want to dress just don’t be trying to keep up with the kids if you’re old. Everybody ain’t rocking full suits to go grocery shopping

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Lmaoo wtf.. I'm in my mid 20s and imma be wearing the shyt outta these in the summer till I'm sick n flabby...

There's a time n place tho.. if homie is wearing em to shyt he shouldn't then fair play, pull him up on that lmaoo but shyt if it's summer and you heading to the beach or the courts then damn let him live

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
I wear replica Negro League jerseys on various occasions, people sometimes ask about them and I get to talk baseball :yeshrug:

Still trying to cop the Jackie Robinson Adidas too:ohlawd:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
If I'm not at work I don't give a fukk what people think about what I wear. And that's cause I have to wear a uniform. If there's a dress code somewhere fine too.

Other than that I don't give a fukk. I'll wear a du rag & hat in church. I wore a sweatsuit with a hoodie to court, judge gonna ask don't I got a suit or dress clothes. Yeah mothafukka I do, but I'm not dressing up for you. I'll wear a Jersey if it's my home team, just to match a outfit I'm gonna wear, or for sentimental reasons. I don't even wear jerseys like that cause I'm not a sports breh & I generally don't care about specific players but I got a couple.

I'ma go hang out with OP & pack nothing but Vikings shyt. A purple suit for a dress code place.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Jerseys are some late 30s early 40s dad shyt.
Like the bbq uncle with the shorts set, the jersey dad is a staple in most of north america...may come with bluetooth earpiece, one gold tooth, pimp ponytail and straw cowboy hat at your local family reunion.