jackson35

Banned
Daps
:gucci:
Nevermind the fact that black people make up like only 6% of those in finance in what reality did black people not already get devastated due to Obama p*ssyfooting around? Are we even reading the same article? If you're going to just keep caping for Obama and deflect any and all criticism then there's nothing constructive in talking on this further
because you are focus on Obama role and not his peers in congress and the senate. like it or not they play a role too. fyi the 6 percent is a old figure.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
This sounds like something the Re-thugs would say considering Black wealth has only constituted about 2-3% of the Nation's wealth for the past 200 years.

Yeah, that's Obama's fault........:comeon:

Jacobin is a strong left-wing publication. They're pretty much communists. They would have nothing in common ideologically with Republicans or even Democrats for that matter - both are far too capitalist in their economics.

frankster

Rookie
Daps
I still think Obama is among the Greats when it comes to Presidents.....I will not join in a cacophony off Trumpianism in disguise trying to tear down his legacy with misinformation.

Obama is a politician not a Civil Rights Leader.
Politicians in most case make their decision based on polls in other words whats popular or most expedient.
Politicians in positions of power are for the most part Managers...Maintainers of the status quo.
To get to positions of power most politicians must compromise...trade in favors.
For Politicians to become change agents they need grassroots support and people agitating for that change they seek....force him to do what he already wants to do.

Obama quote
“I am president, I am not king. I can’t do these things just by myself.” (Univision, October 25, 2010)

FDR once met with a group of activists who sought his support for bold legislation. He listened to their arguments for some time and then said, “You’ve convinced me. Now go out and make me do it.”

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
FDR once met with a group of activists who sought his support for bold legislation. He listened to their arguments for some time and then said, “You’ve convinced me. Now go out and make me do it.”

I thought he said that to A. Philip Randolph. But, carry on.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
I still think Obama is among the Greats when it comes to Presidents.....I will not join in a cacophony off Trumpianism in disguise trying to tear down his legacy with misinformation.

Obama is a politician not a Civil Rights Leader.
Politicians in most case make their decision based on polls in other words whats popular or most expedient.
Politicians in positions of power are for the most part Managers...Maintainers of the status quo.
To get to positions of power most politicians must compromise...trade in favors.
For Politicians to become change agents they need grassroots support and people agitating for that change they seek....force him to do what he already wants to do.

Obama quote
“I am president, I am not king. I can’t do these things just by myself.” (Univision, October 25, 2010)

This is a good vid breaking down some of Obama's failures dealing with Wall Street. I don't agree with Jimmy Dore but this is a great interview with writer Thomas Frank.

This was recorded right before Trump was sworn in.

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
1. African Americans were targeted for subprime loans by banks.
2. Obama and his justice department let these banks, the majority of whom committed fraud, off the hook and gave them billions of dollars in low-interest loans.
3. Obama had the opportunity to mitigate a large portion of the damage brought about by the aforementioned banks but instead chose not to.
Before Obama’s election, Congress specifically authorized the executive branch, through the $700 billion bank bailout known as TARP, to “prevent avoidable foreclosures.” And Congress pointedly left the details up to the next president. Swing senators like Olympia Snowe (Maine), Ben Nelson (Nebraska) and Susan Collins (Maine) played no role in HAMP’s design. It was entirely a product of the administration’s economic team, working with the financial industry, so it represents the purest indication of how they prioritized the health of financial institutions over the lives of homeowners.