How much was minimum wage when u first started working

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
4.37 after taxes. First time I used algebra outside of school was to calculate how much of my taxes were being taken out.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
You are not entitled to a successful business. If you have to pay substandard wages in order to be profitable then your setup is flawed off GP.
You are technically correct and that is at the heart of capitalism. Nobody is entitled to jack. But that's not how the real exercised world works. Small businesses gotta have a place, too. $10/hr is a fair compromise. It's far from incredible.

But if you shoot it to $15/hr, the small businesses close and the big businesses make folks part time. Or cut overtime. Or make employees pay 100% of their health care costs.

I'd love to see a fair application of $15/hr across the board but it isn't that simple.

I'd love to hear a workable solution if you have one.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You are technically correct and that is at the heart of capitalism. Nobody is entitled to jack. But that's not how the real exercised world works. Small businesses gotta have a place, too. $10/hr is a fair compromise. It's far from incredible.

But if you shoot it to $15/hr, the small businesses close and the big businesses make folks part time. Or cut overtime. Or make employees pay 100% of their health care costs.

I'd love to see a fair application of $15/hr across the board but it isn't that simple.

I'd love to hear a workable solution if you have one.
Again if you can't pay a decent wage to make money then you shouldn't be in business. That's how it works.

Businesses fail all the time b. If you make or have a good product/service then people will pay enough for you to pay a decent wage and be profitable

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
5.15 an hour. Off topic but it's a damn shame the federal minium wage is 7.25 an hour. Yeah I know most companies will pay more than that and it can vary from state to state but the fact that these politicians have let it remain that for low for almost twenty years is disgusting.