How much does good grades weigh in on actually intelligence

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
There is some correlation but not always. Grades have more to do with how you deal with authority and how motivated you are by letters

I know so many people that have 4.0 but couldn't tell you shyt about shyt

I'm about to graduate with a 2.6 but i know more about getting money than anyone I've met my age...

School doesnt teach you how to be boss, never forget that brehs

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
My neighbor/associate who had a sub-par 2.6 or so GPA in HS got into UAB & majoring in respiratory therapy because he killed the ACT and had great extracurriculars. I don't think dude even tried in class, but he's clearly intelligent. It's like that for a lot of people. Like someone said, GPA is mainly a gauge of the student's effort.

YBE

Banned
Daps
I'm as average as it gets & I got a 4.0 for two straight years....

Some people are extremely intelligent & can excel with minimal work :pacspit:

Others are average & have to work 10x harder than everyone else :to:

You obviously know which one you are...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Ur GPA tells ur ability to catch on to directions, ur skills with numbers, and it reading comprehension, and ur work ethic. These are essential skills to have in the real world. Yu gon have these people that are in denial sayin it doesn't mean much, but in reality it separates the weak from the strong.

no your GPA just tells people that you can allocate time to study and can follow directions. Its no more a gauge of intelligence than standardized tests.

the only way to gauge true intelligence is a years long day-to-day study. There are people who have wonderful GPA's but have to study and work hard and really hit the books. And other people who can just grasp certain subjects with ease and NEVER have to study...

GPA is a crock of shyt....its dependent on busy work and ethic that you are most likely NEVER going to have to have again. Most professions WONT have you taking work home on a DAILY basis and if you are then its usually a CHOICE for you to do so.

YBE

Banned
Daps
no your GPA just tells people that you can allocate time to study and can follow directions. Its no more a gauge of intelligence than standardized tests.

the only way to gauge true intelligence is a years long day-to-day study. There are people who have wonderful GPA's but have to study and work hard and really hit the books. And other people who can just grasp certain subjects with ease and NEVER have to study...

GPA is a crock of shyt....its dependent on busy work and ethic that you are most likely NEVER going to have to have again. Most professions WONT have you taking work home on a DAILY basis and if you are then its usually a CHOICE for you to do so.

I think intelligence levels are fostered in early development. As we enter in high school/college, it just seems like certain individuals are naturally smarter & grasp concepts easier. In my mind, those kids were just exposed to better learning environments growing up. Parents took an active role in developing their learning processes & stimulating their mind, I'm talking pre-school, kindergarten age. By the time they get to HS & College, they're blowing by the other idiots. For example, back in high school, i heard white kids saying they'd been preparing for the SAT since 6th grade. At the time, I thought they were crazy as hell. Now.....:youngsabo: I see what you did there.

You take Jamal & Rasheed as kids, out of PS #180 in Harlem, throw them in a wealthy area like Greenwich, Connecticut or Southampton, New York with a rich family and enroll them into a rigorous curriculum starting in pre-school. Those dudes gonna end up at MIT or Princeton, when they would've ended up being Chief Keef otherwise :snoop:

Don't be believing those studies done by white folk. Intelligence is hereditary huh? :mjpls: "Certain groups" of people are just naturally more intelligent? :mjpls: I guess that's why you had your 5 year old in a $20,000 a year prep school? :mjpls: Take that kid & put him in PS#180. Let's see where he at in 18 years :youngsabo:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
GPA is a reflection of work ethic rather than intelligence.

This, along with motivation.

You could be the smartest person in the world but if you're too lazy to do all your assignments then your grades won't be great.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
school teaches u how to be a good member of the employment world.

to be a boss is to be a superstar. you're either born with that desire/mentality or not. if you're not, you'll be like everyone else who keep pursuing higher learning with no damn common sense.

n1ggas is chasing after masters degrees, graduate degrees, phds, and still aint breaking past 100grand a year. dumb n1ggas. and even if they do, they''ll most likely be in the hole for half a million dollars in college debt.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
General guideline is this:

GPA is effort
SAT is intelligence

That was me. Probably could have gotten all kinds of scholarships if I was less lazy. :sadcam:

Got a 1300 SAT (this was when it was out of 1600; 680 Verbal and 620 Math) and a 29 ACT but only graduated with a 2.8 GPA.

I was pretty much like :heh: @ homework.