How much do you think genetics play in a physique?

Throwbacksample

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Texas
If you all had to place a percentage on how much genetics play a role in a physique, what would that percentage be?

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Genetics play a huge role. I would say like 80%. I got a cousin that is naturally without even lifting bigger and leaner then 90% of the lifters at a gym. He was just blessed with god like genetics. He has a physique that would take a regular size cac 2 years at least to attain.
Even as far as abs. There are people who can have abs at like 15% bodyfat and some people can be in single digit bodyfat and still not have visible abs. Some people are just cursed with shytty ab genetics.

Daps
Depends on what you mean. I think anyone can get into a generally good asthetic shape. After that the details like ab definition, calves, etc are genetic.

Basically this.

Genetics set us apart but you can still get a great physique through hard work! But someone else can put in half the amount of effort and look better.

semtex

:)
Daps
Genetics play a huge role. I would say like 80%. I got a cousin that is naturally without even lifting bigger and leaner then 90% of the lifters at a gym. He was just blessed with god like genetics. He has a physique that would take a regular size cac 2 years at least to attain.
Even as far as abs. There are people who can have abs at like 15% bodyfat and some people can be in single digit bodyfat and still not have visible abs. Some people are just cursed with shytty ab genetics.
Yeah my abs bulge so I'm blessed in that regard :ahh: also my shoulders are naturally wide so I got a v-taper just from hitting puberty

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yes 80% I say... but don't let that be an excuse.. the cards you've been delt with you step up, continue making gainz..

And If your brave enough get on that anabolic chicken :hubie:

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I know this isn't a bodybuilding site,
But post a pic N/H

People hype this genetics thing up but no diss to anyone but most people know what they're doing training/diet wise:manny: