How many rappers have reached "legendary" status?

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
When I think of legendary MCs I think of people like Pac, Nas, Big, Rakim, Kool G, KRS, BDK, (maybe) Jay-Z, Run-DMC and many others....

But how many MCs can we say have made so much of a name for themselves that they have become legends in the genre of Hip Hop?

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
ross is fukking shyt

Ross is a legend you disgraceful scumbag. He's been running hip hop. If it wasn't for him everyone would have went home by now. I nominate Diddy and Birdman as well:obama:

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
When I think of legendary MCs I think of people like Pac, Nas, Big, Rakim, Kool G, KRS, BDK, (maybe) Jay-Z, Run-DMC and many others....

But how many MCs can we say have made so much of a name for themselves that they have become legends in the genre of Hip Hop?

Everyone you named for sure. I'd add DMX (pre crackhead status), Kanye like it or not, Big L, Beasties, Scarface, Cube. Probably some more. Lots of artists on the edge up for debate.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Its really only about 20 true hip hop legends..

Its alot popular artists and even some rappers that have classic albums but that doesn't automatically mean that they are legends.

We you talk legends, that means people who don't even listen to rap know who they are.

Currently, Jay-Z, Nas, Kanye, Eminem, Lil Wayne are the only legends that come to mind that are still rappin now.

King Biko

A King With A Concubine
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
RunDMC
LL Cool J
Rakim
Kool G Rap
Big
Nas
Lol @ maybe Jay, of course jay
Cube
Dre
Pac
Face
KRS One
Em
Mc Lyte
Kast
ATCQ
Big Daddy Kane
Wu-Tang

lil dice

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ross is a legend you disgraceful scumbag. He's been running hip hop. If it wasn't for him everyone would have went home by now. I nominate Diddy and Birdman as well:obama:

ahahahah this guy is a comedan. Wasnt ross a correctional officer if i remember. The guy is a fraud. Wake up

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
I want to say the Rza mainly cause of the influence on me and what his done in hop hop tbh he's up there.

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
Its really only about 20 true hip hop legends..

When you talk legends, that means people who don't even listen to rap know who they are.
i dont know about that...

gotta think about dudes like Grandmaster Caz and Melle Mel