How many push-ups in one sitting is impressive?

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Id say 90% of the population cant do 10 proper pushups so anything over 20 would be impressive

Shameonyou

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
have good form and over 50 is good enough....nikkas be inventing new ways to make the pushup impossible to do..."nah you supposed to not have any bending, plus you have to have your fingers lined up perfectly every time, you have to hold your breath underwater with a smile on your face" ass nikkas

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
have good form and over 50 is good enough....nikkas be inventing new ways to make the pushup impossible to do..."nah you supposed to not have any bending, plus you have to have your fingers lined up perfectly every time, you have to hold your breath underwater with a smile on your face" ass nikkas

When you are trying to talk about what is impressive, you have to define the standards

I can get on my knees and do junior high female pushups and probably do 200. Or, I can do them properly and do less than 20. Without defining what you mean by "push up" the question is worthless. So miss me with that generic "i can do 50 fukk your standards" stuff because it is irrelevant, that is when it becomes an ego tripping contest rather than an exercise

Shameonyou

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you are trying to talk about what is impressive, you have to define the standards

I can get on my knees and do junior high female pushups and probably do 200. Or, I can do them properly and do less than 20. Without defining what you mean by "push up" the question is worthless. So miss me with that generic "i can do 50 fukk your standards" stuff because it is irrelevant, that is when it becomes an ego tripping contest rather than an exercise

at the end of the day a pushup is a pushup....i can guarantee there are no identical ways to do a pushup because its physically impossible to gauge two different people and their form.....the best way to gauge it is to have the essentials down-pat. have your arms lined up in a 90 degree angle, your chest straight...your legs straight...and go all the way down....if you can do that, its no big deal...

semtex

:)
Daps
word. good form= what gets results.

Action Jackson

Can I live
Daps
Lol dudes are over complicating the push up. It should be a controlled movement. Elbows at a 90 degree angle when you're in the lower position. I would tell my clients that i should be able to set a glass of water on your tri's. Keep your core tight. Never lock your elbows. Its simple. My peak years I would do 200 push-ups (2x100) to warmup for chest and tri day. Now I'd be happy with 80. :sadbron:

Now clapping push-ups are where it's at. Target your fast twitch muscle fibers with that explosive movement. :whew: