How many of your Peak Experiences in life have been while gaming?

Overall I'd say:

• Most of my Peak Experiences involve gaming

• Some of my Peak Experiences involve gaming

• None of my peak Experiences invole gaming

• All of my Peak Experiences involve gaming

• Very few of my Peak Experienes involve gaming

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Some. The overtime games in 2K and the heart breakers with my sleeper Spurs Duncan , Parker and Ginóbili Charles Barkley voice. I had smoke for anyone who wanted a problem. Basic basketball and running plays got me a lot further versus getting my chef curry on.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
"Peak life experience" is a little strong, dont you think? :skip:

When you put it like that:russ:

Really though the definition as "A transcendent moment of pure joy and elation. These are moments that stand out from everyday events" is pretty clear cut and simple considering that is the actual point of entertainment done well as its a distraction from the drudgery of reality as it stands. This is especially valid in a world almost totally cut off from nature, Self and (in a lot of cases) real life human contact.

What made me think of the thread was reminiscing on the Nintendo and pizza days really but then childhood by definition is a peak experience and that train of thought was parlayed into this thread. Using that caveat I'm certain a lot more people would be a lot more open to the concept because as it stands saying the best moments of your life involved shuffling pixels around on a screen just seems a bit sad. What is sad however is this and this is what made me think of the Nintendo days:

sad-life-of-gamers-meme.jpg

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
The one moment that should've been a "peak experience" that actually involved gaming, ended up not being anywhere close to it because I was totally unprepared for the moment. The first time I competed at EVO, I ended up on stream in my very first match and got BODIED :sadcam: . I already knew I was trash at the game (SFV) and was fully aware I'd get wrecked, but I wasn't expecting to show the WORLD how bad I am at the game :damn:. To add insult to injury, I hardly even played the game the weeks leading up to the event, our pools were first thing in the morning and I was operating off of 1 1/2 hours of sleep, and it was freezing fukking cold inside the venue. With all that, I still had fun and it's cool that I can say I opened up an EVO.

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
None breh I done fukked twin sisters like future :wow:

Bought Splatoon 2 yesterday and that’s quite an experience tho

Didn’t even expect to like it but spent all night on it :whoo:

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
My first time playing Halo CE on the og Xbox with my uncle in December 2001 was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I was a young nikka that thought Mario 64 and Sonic Adventures on the Dreamcast was peak gaming. Boy was I wrong. That shyt changed my life in terms of my expectations for games. We stayed up till like 3am getting our asses handed to us. What a time to be alive. :wow:

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
This like asking if a movie has ever been a peak experience in life for you.
Maybe a few times but that's it. Anymore and you're probably not living your own life to the fullest.

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
I was questioning the premise of the thread, but then I remembered me and my cousins playing Golden Eye as kids, and how much fun we had. Those moments still get brought up every now and then. I wouldn't say peak life experiences, but they are recalled fondly.