How many of y'all college kids are still using the TI-83 Plus calculator?

Lil' Kartwheel

The Chicken Box Man
Daps
Reppin
The Bayou City
Aware me on this
All I used to do was copy down the steps from the solutions manual on TI Notefolio, which you can download for free here:

NoteFolio™ Creator Software by Texas Instruments - US and Canada

Make sure you have a USB cable from your TI 83 calculator to your computer and you're set, breh. You can easily press "Quit" to get back to the main screen if a professor is walking around.

shyt is mad helpful in calculus and statistics when you have a bunch of shyt to remember. You can use it in accounting too but eventually you'll have to use a 4-function calculator.

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
^smh at you thinking professors still allow gfx calcs during tests. If your shyt got more than 12 buttons on it, it's :birdman:'d on entry

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man, I had the TI-82 back in college/high school. mind u this was the mid-late 90's. they only up to the TI-84 now???? :mindblown:

I figured kids were using ipads and laptops by now. I remember thinking I was doing something when someone put tetris on my TI-82.

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
All I used to do was copy down the steps from the solutions manual on TI Notefolio, which you can download for free here:

NoteFolio™ Creator Software by Texas Instruments - US and Canada

Make sure you have a USB cable from your TI 83 calculator to your computer and you're set, breh. You can easily press "Quit" to get back to the main screen if a professor is walking around.

shyt is mad helpful in calculus and statistics when you have a bunch of shyt to remember. You can use it in accounting too but eventually you'll have to use a 4-function calculator.
i wish i knew this back when i was taking calc 3 :sadcam:

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
you can download the roms of those calculators and install the on your android phone, use the app Andie graph

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Had a ti-83 in high school. Used to play the hell outta Pimp Quest in Algebra

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
had a ti-83 in hs....had to cop a $120 ti-84 in college didn't use that shyt until I had to jailbreak my ps3

Lil' Kartwheel

The Chicken Box Man
Daps
Reppin
The Bayou City
^smh at you thinking professors still allow gfx calcs during tests. If your shyt got more than 12 buttons on it, it's :birdman:'d on entry
Nah...many of my professors allowed it in my math classes, especially calculus, statistics and management science. Most of my exams had graphing questions though. As far as accounting, that was only limited to Principles I and Principles II. As soon as you got to the Intermediate classes, showtime was over.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
This.

i wish i knew this back when i was taking calc 3 :sadcam:

Breh, maybe its because I just finished diffeq last semester but idk what school y'all nikkas went to that let you use any calculators let alone ti-83s and above in calculus. I havent taken a math in college where they let us use calculators until this semester (statistics). My freshman yr chem you couldnt use scientific calc neither could you do it in my freshman yr phys.. The subsequent phys years they let us use eq sheets so there was no need. Basically any class I couldnt use an equation sheet in, I couldnt use a graphing calculator either.

YBE

Banned
Daps
nikkas in the hood couldn't afford $30 calculators, we got the dollar store joints :sadcam:

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
This.

Breh, maybe its because I just finished diffeq last semester but idk what school y'all nikkas went to that let you use any calculators let alone ti-83s and above in calculus. I havent taken a math in college where they let us use calculators until this semester (statistics). My freshman yr chem you couldnt use scientific calc neither could you do it in my freshman yr phys.. The subsequent phys years they let us use eq sheets so there was no need. Basically any class I couldnt use an equation sheet in, I couldnt use a graphing calculator either.

class of 200+ students and just one old nikka teacher...u really think he was gonna waste time walking around and making sure nikkas was using the right calculaters?

took calc 3 three times :sadcam: