How many chances are Jadakiss and Fabolous going to get?

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
Fab is talented but he's never gonna put out anything resembling a classic album. He's proven time and time again that he makes music for females and wanna be thugs that get hard off punchlines. Be thankful we got Breathe from him.

I don't think I've heard this guy say anything remotely introspective ever

It's like he stole everything from Jay-Z except what made him actually stand out

Clem

Get out my way, pimpin'.
Daps
Reppin
California
jadakiss last album sold more than fab last album though.

fab is more relevant on twitter than on tv and airways.

I find that incredibly difficult to believe. Do you have a link?

Jadakiss hasn't had a hit in forever. Fab always has that one song for the birds that he tours on. I don't say any of this to disparage Jadakiss who I think is talented (though I've lost interest) but dude would be better off independent.

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
jadakiss had a decent hit with the song with jazmine reid (i think that's it?), the loaded gun joint, and the swizz track that was like: HE'S PHONY, HE'S FAKE, THAT'S THE TYPE OF PEOPLE I HATE. (which he put OJ DA JUICEMAN ON THE REMIX..smg) I believe that he sold more than loso's way. though that album had everywhere we go or whatever which was everywhere...hmm

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fab had the same formula from day 1, and he still on everybody shyt..consistently

So fab already made it..there is no brink

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Two ways to look at it.

One one end... hell no, they ain't gonna drop a classic. If they couldn't do it when it counted, why/how would they do it now? Jada (as somebody said earlier) has been spittin' the same 16 for years. And Fab? He's managed to build a career off of droppin' good singles and a few decent album tracks every time... if they like it, he probably loves it. Doin' anything else at this point would be too much like work for either of them.

And on the other hand, not sure much comes with dropping a classic album nowadays. That's subjective anyway, and we're in an era where very rarely do people even listen to the whole albums anymore. Even if Fab or Jada (by some stroke of inspiration) put together some conceptual masterpiece, it wouldn't be appreciated anyway. People just want the tracks they want, then the rest get dumped.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
these guys have been in the game 10+ years and still no classic or near classic album and yet delusional New York fans continue to try and convince the HIP-HOP community that they are on the brink of delivering

I don't believe it anymore

Jada is on his last leg, if Top 5 Dead or Alive does not meet expectations then :no:

Jadakiss is looking like the Chris Webber of the rap game.

As far as Fabolous ...I think he's done. 12 years since his debut and he has no career defining piece of work, no memorial songs, nothing that has made an impact

Punchline rappers never reach the top of the rap food chain... I think they did well for what they are...

TreyAce

Antichrist of The-Coli
Daps
they are household names
thats good enough
:birdman:

emoney

custom user title
Daps
New York needs to forget about these two and bank on some young cats

Daps
Reppin
NULL
these guys have been in the game 10+ years and still no classic or near classic album and yet delusional New York fans continue to try and convince the HIP-HOP community that they are on the brink of delivering

I don't believe it anymore

Jada is on his last leg, if Top 5 Dead or Alive does not meet expectations then :no:

Jadakiss is looking like the Chris Webber of the rap game.

As far as Fabolous ...I think he's done. 12 years since his debut and he has no career defining piece of work, no memorial songs, nothing that has made an impact

we are the streets isn't a classic?