How Low Can You Go? 20 Years Later, ‘Cha-Cha Slide’ Still Gets People Moving

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
I remember telling the DJ I hired for my wedding you will not get paid if u play that song. Matter of fact none of those "group dancing" songs. And he didn't even tho ppl were requesting this and Step in the name of love. Always felt a certain way about that corny shyt
:russ:

I know them black folks were fussing

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjpls:

Either you're not black or you haven't been to a party in this millennium

Dude, the cha cha slide was never big around here. This is the northeast. Not the south or the midwest.

Last edited:

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
It’s been almost 20 years when Chicago native Dj Casper blessed us with the Cha-Cha slide.

Originally aimed at aerobics sessions and night clubs alike, the song is often played at school PE, parties, skating rinks, bar mitzvahs, nightclubs, college campuses weddings, and sporting events throughout the United States.

At the time, all the Black kids were :blessed: because we were able to exercise to a song with rhythm. I hated doing the Macarena dance :demonic:

Recently, I went to the bayou classic in NOLA and someone played this song. Damn near the whole block (well the women including me) was going low all the way to floor and we brought it to the top like we never never stopped

I’m surprised I still had it :flabbynsick:

My son ran in the room on some :dj2:

He was born 10 years after this song was released crazy af still have a white label pressing of this joint somewhere :pachaha:

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
I remember telling the DJ I hired for my wedding you will not get paid if u play that song. Matter of fact none of those "group dancing" songs. And he didn't even tho ppl were requesting this and Step in the name of love. Always felt a certain way about that corny shyt

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
this song is the ultimate vibe kill......Its literally 100 million different brehs walking the earth right now who missed out on some bomb p*ssy because this type of record came on while they were moving on a broad
Hoes will literally give you the p*ssy just for having confidence and knowing how to do the dance though :dwillhuh:

Even other races of women know how to do most of those shyts and will throw you p*ssy for knowing it:dwillhuh: